Friday, March 23, 2007

Packagings

Ok.. time for a more Fetty type entry, ie total randomness!!!

Packaging!! Do you pay much attention to the packaging of things..? Example, your maggi packaging, or your book's cover, or your mobile phone's packaging etc etc... I might be a few of the 'weird' ones, but it matters to me lots!!! I might not pay that much attention to it, in the sense, I won't be able to tell you which font they use etc etc, but I would realise when they change the colour, material etc...

Anyhow, I feel like ranting! Recently, there are a lot of changes to packaging of things I normally buy!!!

1. Diet coke
It used to look pretty, red and white. Now, it has those black/grey figures on the can, and it doesn't look all that pretty anymore. It looks boy-sy...

2. Ribena - Strawberry - drink carton
Ribena used to have plain white background, and the splash of red to signify strawberry, splash of purple for blackcurrant.. it was simple, yet effective. Now, the whole ribena strawberry is RED!!! and they have the ribena spelt down the way. Again, I think it looks less attractive. More rigid this way.

3. Kingsmill bread
I have to admit, I can't quite remember the old packaging, but now, it's mainly blue with blobs of yellow!!! Looks completely different!! I personally thinks it now looks like Hovis bread!!! I wasn't impressed when I couldn't spot my normal loaf of bread amongst the shelves of bread when they have just changed it!!! Argh..

4. Coke fridges
I don't know about Brunei, but the Coke fridge in Ian Low (that's where I normally get my lunch in Ninewells) has changed!!! I think Coke has gone all 'goth' (ie black). What with all these coke zero malarkey (it doesn't even taste all that good. HATE the after-taste)!!! Anyhow, back to the fridge!! It looks dark, and uninviting! And it's black!!! It looks like the fridge isn't working because it's so dark!! Argh!!

5. I can't think, but I'm sure there are more!! Changes are annoying I tell you!! Packagings to make things look prettier are alright, but to make everything black/boy-sier/blah/confusing and looks like a different brand is CRAP!!! These people should have asked the consumers if we wanted a change in packaging! I don't!!! I was content with the previous pacakings!! Sigh!!!

oooo... there is ONE good change that I can think of.

6. Primark clothing labelling.
Primark, as people in the UK will know, is one of the BEST places to get anything under the sun at a much cheaper price!! Its quality is probably not one to be too proud of, but it works, and it does last at least 10 washes ;p And, it is making its way into those fashion magazines! And I LOVE primark!! Anyway, their clothing labelling I think has improved!!! The paper they use to label their clothes is of a better quality and they now say how we should take care of the garment. like OMG!! Primark telling us about garment care!! I think Primark is going in the right direction in making it's way more settled in the higher leagues of shops... =) Primark is the way to go indeed!!! hehehe.

Anyhow, back to the original question. Do you pay attention to the packaging of your things? Does it matter to you when it's changed? Would you even realise if it was changed..? And are there any changes to the packaging of anything back home?!

KEEP THE PACKAGING!!!
xx

2 comments:

War186 said...

All this time I thought I paid too much attention on packaging but after reading your post I don't even come close to your extremist behaviour. Haha.

Anyway, I will notice if Pepsi changed their packaging. I used to love the main white packaging with blue and red bits and when I see one I'd think, how old school is that? Then I'd definitely go and get it. Nostalgia, perhaps? Haha.

FR said...

heheh... extremist behaviour? I don't think I'm an extremist at all!!! ;p

also, i remember that old pepsi packaging ;p haha.. old skul abis tu!!! I think the new pepsi packaing ie blue can is alright... hwhwhw