Sunday, May 15, 2005

Triathlon

This weekend with the OTC ada Triathlon which has been given a specific name the IRONMAN.

If you thought the Citibank triathlon we did in Brunei numerous times (nada manang, but fun, free baju and lots of fun!!) then THINK again!!!

The Citibank triathlon was 1km swim, 10km cycle and 5km run (I think!!!) and I never did it individually... Thinking back, I think I should have attempted to do all three by myself at least once.. Just for the sake of checking if I can manage as compared to winning... But sigh... I didn't.. and I wouldn't probably have lasted the whole thing...

The Ironman (raising money for charity): 80 * 25m = 2okm, Cycle 35miles UPHILL and really gravelly roads, winding roads, SHARP bends, and 13.1mile run!!! BLOODY HELL is all I can say!!! Gilerr!!! And there were people from the Glasgow Otc who did the WHOLE thing under three hours!!! Gilerr LAJU!!! =) Impressed saya to the max!!!

My job for the weekend was NOT taking part (Doubt I could do ANY of it without looking pathetic ;p). I was a marshall for the day (Saturday). It was such an easy thing to do. Stop the cyclists, tell them to dismount, cross the road, and go left... =) and there were THREE of us at that one location and we were only under the sun for like 2 hours and a bit... (Got myself a slight tan.. WHEE)

It was such an EASY weekend!!! =) This has to be my EASIEST OTC weekend...

Anyway, my friend Cath was SO unlucky as she was a marshall on her own arah a roundabout with NO shade (And she didn't have suncream on)... for SEVEN bloody hours!!! and it was proper hot in Garelochhead on Saturday... Must have been 17degrees celcius at least!!! Even my Asian skin macam tebakar rasanya.. (of course inda, i never burn)

Anyway, I've lost the plot.. The thing I wanted to say was the Ironman was bloody TOUGH!!! We drove through the cycling path and 2/3 of the way was UPHILL(even the van was struggling) and steep fast downhill!!! Gilerr!!! (imagine gugur.. OUCH!!) I got asked if I would do it next year and my answer was "ERMMM we shall see" although ofcourse we all know the answer to that would be "ERMM GILA PAKAH?" LOL

Saturday night I was one of the four guards looking after the camp... It's actually not too bad being a guard at night... besides it being ultra boring.. it was an EASY thing to do. Thank God nada Fire Drill because that would just be plain boring...

Sunday did nothing but ate breakfast and packed lunch and balik Dundee... Went to have scones with NB YUM!!! We walked to town.. inda kita bangga saya berjalan kaki? hehehe...

Oh yea, the location of my camp this weekend is great. We were at Garelochhead, by Loch Lomond. I could see the loch from my window. And our 'rooms' were shaped macam igloo.. but long.. and we were next to the sheepfarm also very near the Nuclear store (yes, we were NEXT to the nuclear weapons store). Pretty lah the camp. And I think that only because the weekend has been very bright, sunny and warm and EASY ;p

I would have put up a picture, but my Hello is acting up.. So no pictures till i can be bothered to fix it.

1 comment:

War186 said...

Salute ah those triathletes.

Haha citibank triathlon was SO long ago hehe..

Bah when are the pics coming up? :D