Friday, May 14, 2010

Jamilah

That is the name we decided to call my car when we had a road trip to Cardiff in July 2008. Me, mum, dad, J and Fiz. Don't ask me why Fiz had a name of books, but she did. Jamilah means beautiful. It's to compensate Jamilah's actual physical and sexy looks ;p

Today Jamilah spent the morning in the garage, for her third year service and her M.O.T. I don't know what that stands for, but basically, if your car is 3years or more, before you can renew your road tax, it has to pass the M.O.T. And they check the essential ones.

Had a think to myself that Jamilah was going to fail it on two basis 1. her suspension and 2. her brakes.

Everytime I go round a corner on a rough patch of road I hear her clicking away... Or rather noisier than that. Knew it was the suspension, but also otherwise the drive is alright, so didn't think it was THAT bad =))

I have noticed in the past 1.5 months now, I've got to press my brakes wayyy before I used to in the past. And it isn't always consistent grip. But they still work, Alhamdulillah.

So, I got the phonecall from Ben today (the nice cuddly man that he is at the Service Dept in the garage) to say exactly that - Jamilah has failed her M.O.T on the exact two things that I have mentioned!!! =))

Thankfully, Jami is only young, her ball joint in the suspension is under warranty =) And Ben, clearly thinks I'm totally useless, and has decided to either clean or change my brakes for me for FREE when I bring her back to rectify this mess.

And then I spoke to Dan, enquiring about selling my car off for when I leave the country... Yes people, I have decided I am going to leave the UK, after 9 years. Dan had quoted me a price I am happy with, so yay - that headache/worry is out of the way...

I never thought my first car will be a manual, non-Japanese car... But hey, there you have it, Jami, one of my best buys. I will miss you Jami. *cue dangdut song *Jamidong* *

2 comments:

FR said...

error. it should have read Fiz had a book of names =))

AlaiMidget said...

it should also have read that i had a book for learning Arabic language and hence the name Jamilah came.