I realised I am not ready to share my mom and dad... (Or any of my sisters really...)
As you all know, I had been more than 'desperate' to see my sisters getting married... Heck, I even featured them in here., hoping that someone would get back to me with possible matches.. (This proved unsuccessful!!) This of course had caused a lot of shock to them all, my mom, and even some of my friends...
Anyhow... I realised sometime last year I wasn't quite so ready to share my sisters... Mainly for selfish reasons... Imagine this right... when I'm back home, they wouldn't be spending as much time with me, for they'd be all loved up with their beau!! Blergh!!! I told my sisters this piece of information.. which led to them laughing at me and thinking I'm being ridiculous, YET AGAIN!!!
Since then, I had told myself to accept the possibility of my sisters spending less time (and hence attention) on me once they're paired up... And, if I may say so myself, I even convinced myself that it will all be alright!!!
However, things started to change again when I thought about my sisters' beaus calling MY mom 'mom'!!! OH MY GOD!!! I swear, I stopped breathing!!! Felt my heart race!! And could not face the fact that some day, I will actually have to share my mom and dad!!!
Not only will I get less attention from my sisters (Dear God, please make my sisters make me their top priority always and forever!!), there's the slight possibility that my parents would be needing LESS of me once there are more boys to run errands for them... (Dear God, this is actually a blessing, but also please make my parents make me thier top priority always and forever!!)
So yeah... I've still not accepted the fact that I might have to share my parents!!! But I know, when the time comes, I will be more than happy to share my parents!!!
Must continue to chant to myself,
"sharing is caring"
XX
5 comments:
OMG you're such a baby!! (Not that I didn't know before this) LOL! Lap!
fetsy ur just like my little sister in this respect, and i had a friend like that too. she said u get used to it after a while :) so dont worry. plus the people who truly love u will ALWAYS love u, love is not divided into portions, it is unlimited and there is always room for more people to be loved :) xx
babes, you will get over it. you know u will always be the baby. whatever happens. married or not.
and you know that ppl will still listen and eager to know what's new from you. :) knowing u are the baby.
and look at this... hold this quote and keep it close.
Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command.
meaning.... you know what.
babes... i think ur crazy! hahaha....
Ha ha ha ha!!! Hillarious!!! ;) good writing :)
Post a Comment