This is just for fun... Something we write in your medical notes... I've just made all this up, so if there are any medics out there... don't kill me if it isn't really medically correct...
PC: SOB and CP
HPC: 1/7 sharp CP. radiation to left arm. relieved by GTN. Nil assoc sx.
PMH: MI, GORD, Asthma, NIDDM
DH: Paracetamol, Aspirin, omeprazole, salbutamol, etc... NKDA
SH: Smokes 20/day. Alcohol 5 units/week
SE: SOB
OE: Alert, No Jaccol, MSQ 10. Resp: Gd AE. clear. CVS: HS I + II+ 0, no murmurs. jvp <->, no ankle oedema. Abdo: SNT, no organomegaly, BS present, PR not done. CNS: GCS 15. Grossly intact
DDx: ACS
Plan: IV access, bloods, cxr, abg, ecg, o2, and treat as per ACS
Did that make sense? Now imagine reading all that written in doctors' handwriting!!! At 4am!!! I always thought medicine was like learning a completely new language... and after 4 years... I still have problems with medic speak... it's like my 3rd language ;p
Also, quoting from Scrubs... "Gone were the days when doctors were respected and glorified. Now patients think we are drug dispensing machines." Or something along that line anyway... And I bet a lot of you think doctors are money making, good for nothing machines... Well, think again... They aren't all useless...
Here's me hoping I won't turn out to be a useless one...
F xx
5 comments:
Funny thing you wrote this - one of the Drs in A&E have a song: What investigations do u want to do?
"FBC, U&E, LFT, ABG, CXR, .... MSG, TLC, bla bla bla"
Haha, u can tell he LOVES his job! And yes, we made up the MSG& TLC bit.
(You have to imagine the tune he uses for this song - very catchy! ke utak ia nyanyi tiap ari!)
haha... iatah nyangku.. MSG? lol... and yeh... i should have done the fbc u&e crap instead of just blood... hehehe
WTH?! :P
*blank* aku paham paracetamol saja... or was it panadol kau buat? i can't remember.. hehehe!
Syasss
hehe... have fun reading your medical notes then huh.. ;p
Post a Comment