Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm baby...


As per usual, I haven't got a specific something to talk about...

Names...

My name is Fetty!! Not such a common name, but I do know a couple of girls with that name.. OK, I lie! I will only be able to recognise ONE other girl with my name. However, I'm sure there are lots of us Fettys in the world. There is even a Fetty group in Facebook!! hehehe...

Most religious people think my name is actually Fatimah!!! I was soooo shocked the first time I've heard of this ridiculous idea... But now, I am used to it, I'm even tempted to just introduce myself as Fatimah the next time I see a religious person, or an elderly Muslim person.. That then means I don't have to explain myself that really, Fetty is not short for Fatimah ;p

Anyway... I've got lots of nicknames... Ranging from Fets to Bob and ofcourse my personal favourite Baby!! That's what I get called at home, by my immediate family, and people who know me via these people who call me Baby. This therefore includes friends of my parents, sisters etc!!! I tell you, it can be embarrassing being called Baby by all these non family members... But ahh well, I've learnt to accept that I will forever be a baby in the family!!! Being called Baby kinda comes along with my role as the youngest child.

I always wonder if I am such a real baby!!! My family will ofcourse say that I am... and will no doubt add the word spoilt to it too.. I wonder whether my friends, acquaintances etc think I'm such a baby, from first impressions or however else you judge a person...

My circle of friends in Dundee seem to always regard me as the baby of the group even if I am NOT the youngest in the circle. They see me as this delicate baby needed to be protected from anything and everything!!! It is somewhat almost touching and I'm honoured that I have all these people 'protecting' me.. Yet, I come back to my earlier question... I wonder if everyone sees me as a big baby? Do you?! Do respond honestly ;p

Random facts:

  • A consultant once addressed me as Michelle!!! He says I look like a Michelle, I guess if I was chinese, perhaps that's what I should be called ;p
  • I hate it when people call me beb!!
  • And I also hate the 'joke' "Fetty bum bum"

Growing baby,
xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like con-Fetty. I picked that up from the Fetty group in facebook. hehe! Kau baby kan Fets? I don't see you as one... xxS
p/s: siap udah essay? hehe

Anonymous said...

Sapa Lagi.....

You forget your other special nix name...FISH!!!

AlaiMidget said...

hhhahaha con-fetty!! i like that too!!! nyehhh ill start calling u that. Fets, aku inda pikir ko baby but then again, perhaps in the dynamics of our friendship, it is you who always (tends to) take care of/marahi/tagur/remind me. heee heee. It is the case of the youngest child, the battle of Baby vs Alai. hahahahhaa i dunno what m saying now. But my point is i dont think of u as baby, as you do not exert the role of 'baby' in rnB.

love u!

War186 said...

You may not be the 'baby' in rnB but you are still quite manja. :P

And Fetty bum-bum. First time I've heard of that. Cali eh I might use it to annoy you. Haha kidding! :D

FR said...

Hi Wan... Confetty is indeed another one of 'my' popular nicknames...

Hi Aunty... I ofcourse have not forgotten about 'Fish' =)

Battle of Baby vs Alai.. So I guess we've established that the Alai will always be more annoyingly baby-ish? ;p love you too ;p

And War, as Fiz said it, if YOU are calling ME manja, what does that make the two of you? hwhwhwhw... Man Utd won 3-2!!! Woooo =)

Anonymous said...

aww fetsy i dont think of u as a baby! ur like my big sis :) and no, u dont look like a michelle. u look like a fetty. and a very beautiful one at that!

War186 said...

Shut up Fets. *malu* Hehehe. ;P

Oh yeah, 3-2 baby!!~

FR said...

Hansy!! Thanks lots!! =)

And War - HEHEHEH =)