Monday, March 26, 2007

BEG 2007: Fetty's Perspective


As always, the BEG = Nottingham = Brunei Town!!! It seriously becomes either Gadong or Kiulap or something.. Bruneians everywhere.. People you know and don't know.. Friendly faces and not so much ;p Lawa and not so lawa.. etc etc... And all these people have the same mission for the day: To socialise, to meet up with friends/family who they've not seen in months, 'cuci mata', take part and have fun, and the competitive ones aim to win!!!

My journey down south was smooth except for the bit where Riz and I had to take a taxi to Glasgow Airport rather than waiting for our bus because it would been extra tight!!! Reached Mas' place and we had the Ayam Masak Lemak by Fol (Yas' bf)... Nyaman yo!!! And it wasn't even Brahim's packet! lol

Sat = EARLY start... Slow start to the morning, especially after not being able to sleep well what with all the snoring orchestra happening in the room. I was told I snored, but I didn't wake myself up, so I couldn't have been that loud.. ;p

Weather - GLOOMY!!! No rain though, and it wasn't too windy. Cold, but it was bearable! Well done to ALL girls who played outdoors!!! =)

Games - there were 7 teams in our groups. So 6 games.. Won 4, lost 2 (very marginally!!). Sayang la my team!! We didn't progress to the semis... (for a change ;p) and we stopped playing by 4ish.. It just felt so odd having all those hours just sitting upstairs in the gallery doing nothing but eating and socialising. Felt good, but it was rather awkward as I never have done that before ;p

Group games - DG played really really well!! Really proud of everyone!!! Kiki - brilliant goal keeping!!! And calm and just brilliant!! Fiz - lots of defending, and jumping =) Mas - ever so rajin on court. Suz - looking pretty, great captain and great movement!!! Amal - Fantastic jumps!!! And very very impressed with her attacking support =) Icham - the team would be so dull without your colourful and chirpy calls for balls! hehe.. and ofcourse brilliant play as well =) Ili - great shots =) Unlucky most times. Yas - my shooter for the weekend!! Had so much more potential if only your knee wasn't bust!!! Great movement for an immobile ;p and lawa ko menangkap bola Yas ;p

Kiki, my defending partner, and I had the game of our life when we played against LivLeeds. We had this tall, tagap GA to defend... She made us work hard and it was really fun!! Although really really really disappointing when I can't get possession of the ball even with me jumping as high as I can, and touching the ball.. Big, tall GA always had possession! It demoralised me a bit, but Ki, I think we are an amazing duo!!! ;p

Of the games I watched, Jimbo of Ravens, I think you played superbly well!!! Unlucky in the semis mate!! But seriously, dramatic improvement in your game!! Maybe next year you'd like to play with us?! hahaha...

Food - DG has amazing food this year! Fol made us scrambled eggs in muffins for breakfast AND pesto pasta with chicken wrapped in seaweed with vegetables for lunch!!! YUMMYLICIOUS!!! We also had sandwiches, jaffa cakes, fingers, kit kat, penguins, kinder buenos, pisangs, water, lucozades.. Food wise, we were stocked up for war...

Supporters - WOW!!! For the first time in history, DG actually had more than 3 continuous supporters!!! Syaz had company!!! Thank you to ALL of you guys and girls!!! Means a lot to just have someone shouting nice things to us when we are playing. And all those singing =) Amazing!!! =)

Pictures - Again, we had our own photographer(s) this year!!! Mustanir did a brilliant job at taking pictures of us in action!!! And I LOVE looking at them!!! Great quality, and I want to blow them all up and put them on my wall ;p THANKS Mustanir. You lot can have a look at it too by clicking on Mustanir's flicker(I think they're best seen from end to start, as that would then be in chronological order ;p)

Sunday = Barbecue lunch!! YUM!!! Chicken and my lamb shank!!! Thank you so much Fol!! I've been terseliuring lamb shank in ages!!! Sigh!!! And Yas made eck flied lice... sooo good one!! Nyaman Yas!!! =) And we managed to play badminton too.. I didn't intend on playing, but on watching them people play, gatal jua hati kan main!! And I couldn't resist, and played (nicely!!) except for a couple of occasions when I couldn't resist the temptations to smash the lambung shuttles!! hehehe.. Felt awesome! =)

Journey back north - smooth. Tiring (got home at 1am).. And great talking time with Rizal and NO Rizal, I do NOT fancy the goalie!!! Am I EVER gonna hear the end of this?! Sigh...

Great weekend indeed!!!
Love my rnBs
Love my DG girls
Love travelling
Love Fol for cooking (hehehe - mengampu ;p)
Love everyone!!!
Love you!!!

xx

PS: Also to read Fiz's perspective of the weekend =) Great pictures of the past DG which I've described in previous post

PPS: Muka ku bida bila main netball!!! Boo ;p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pics!! baju kamu lawa!! :) and finally saya nampak pic of ur new hair..nice n short. and c rizal pun rambut baru kh?

see u soon ;)

War186 said...

Siuk eh banyak pics. Professional-looking lagi. Heheh.

And I miss playing netball with you guys! Heh.

Siuk brabis bunyinya from your post! :D And the food!! Hehehe. :D

Anonymous said...

i want dg shirt..