Blogs... I was blog hopping and someone mentioned that there are lots of Bruneian bloggers out there.. And I HAVE to agree... Didn't realise it dulu, because I didn't have internet access and I wasn't interested, knew no one with a blog, and I didn't have so much free time (Not that's its really free time, its more like MALAS and WASTING time)
Anyhow.. Now, my sister blogs, my friends blog, my wee cousins blog... and lotsa people blog! I blogged because my friend blogged, and that was how she kept us all updated! =) So, since I had broadband, lived away from home, and I am bored MOST times... I thought I'd give it a shot...
It was years of wanting to blog before I actually started blogging... Lots of ideas as to how I'd like my IDEAL blog to be...
1. a photo blog.. So all I'd do is take pictures, captions and that would be it
2. to write an intellectual and interesting (Ingat tah saya I had a poll once, and someone actually said my blog was boring, so I wonder why that person came to read...) blog (but we all know I'm a bimbo ;p So that can't happen)
3. to be anonymous... But that can't happen because that just cant...
4. to be NOT "Dear Diary, today.. bla bla bla" (But I admit, there are some posts in Iskiness which are like Dear Diary moments ;p)
5. Limited access to family and close friends (I must have been really insecure, and possibly still am.. I'm not quite comfortable with the fact that the whole world COULD read about me... Yet, here I am still typing away about my life and thoughts ;p So maybe, I'm not quite insecure) <-- Definitely didn't happen!!!
Eventually I started blogging... On one long afternoon!!! I was iski at that point (Iski = excited, hence the blog title Iskiness)... With blogging, the number of emails I wrote decreased... Because in my head, it means I've updated everyone (necessary to be updated) about my life, and it's up to them to check Iskiness.
But what happened? My IDEAL blog didn't happen... this is what has happened to Iskiness.. I have guest writers... JMK and RSHA... Both really quiet now and I wish they were more active... And I have random people reading Iskiness... Thanks to my all my readers.. random or not random! Just say more in my tag =) or comment if you are like War ;p hehehe.. Love it War!! =)
(I've kinda forgotten what I wanted to say...)
Pokoknya.. there are lots of bloggers.. Some I read almost daily without knowing who they are... Because they are INTERESTING!!! Some I read sometimes because I'm being nosey... And some I real ALL the time because I SINCERELY want to know what they've been up to..
People I read always (but I didn't link them up) are Rano and recently Brunei Resources. Rano of course is MY source of news for Brunei... It's what I call Brunei's social calendar... And Brunei's own MEDIA!!! =) It's a cool read... and I LOVE it when he critiques food he has just tried!!! YUM!!! Beri terseliur!!! If EVER he wants someone to try food with, I think he should ask me!! LOL! Not that he would know me! Hehehe.. or maybe he does.. maybe HE reads my blog too ;p
Brunei Resources, thanks to Rano, I started going to since May... Is VERY interesting.. Love the writing style.. and the topics... Would really want to know the writer =) i'd probably be kaku when im around the writer.. because I'd be very astounded with him and what he has to say! heheh...
And of course, since last night, I've been reading R&al's blog... Trying my best to guess who this fella is... Who do I know studies in UK, OBVIOUSLY loves guitar, golf and footie and recently celebrated his birthday!!! R&al, u're killing me with all the suspense!! HELP!!! ;p
And.. with lots of bloggers... and people linking everyone up... It's VERY easy to blog hop... and it can be VERY addictive!!! Especially on nights when I can't sleep!!! And you stumble upon some you like the sound of.. so you bookmark them... and some who you happen to know, but never did know they had a blog, so you also bookmark them in case you want to know what they've been up to at a later date...
Hmmph.. I don't think there's an actual point to this post.. except, I feel like typing.. and it's amazing how many bloggers they are out there, what they write about, how they write and yeah.. it's all interesting!!!
It has been almost two years since I had Iskiness... and STILL I have no idea how to do things!!! I so wish I could do fancy things to it... like
1. have those password activated things.. So like if ada secret secret, only a selected few can read
2. categorising things (Although I doubt I'd like this for long)
3. have colourful and interesting layout
4. be able to find out who reads my blog
5. and I'm sure there are more, but I can't quite think of it now...
So, anyone who can do one or all of the above... Sila tampilkan diri ke hadapan dan TOLONG saya!!! =) Trims! =)
5 comments:
If you're talking about the Javascript password thing everyone seems to use, people can easily find your password. Trust me.
Eh, didn't I say I'd make you a layout? The offer still stands, though I'm still waiting for my new laptop.
I use StatCounter to keep track of my visitors. It's quite good. Best web tracker I've used so far.
Kalau pasal categorising posts, I can only suggest moving to WordPress (though you can only use premade layouts) or get hosted and use WordPress (then you're free to do whatever you want with your layout).
Blog-hopping is fun. :D
Dhi!!! It's been ages since I got a long comment from you!!! Whee.. =)
People can find out the passwords? that's a bit silly ey? So there's no point to that...
Stat counter.. I have some sort of counter, but I have no idea what it really does.. I attempted understanding it dulu.. but of course, all these things make no sense to me =)
WordPress.. get hosted etc.. how do i get hosted? who would want to host me? and I don't know how to do anything to my layout.. so maybe it isnt for me?
And about you doing my layout.. kita tunggu sehingga u have new laptop or when we get together.. and we should come up with something fun! Whee =)
And yes,blog hopping is fun =)
You love it? I love it too. Hehe. ;)
blogging rocks lah. i do it. you do it. it's just our way of venting without really trying to offend anyone. it doesnt really have to be updates, just.. random things you want to let out/say saja saja :P
ideal blogs dont usually happen. one way or another, at least one person will know its you :P
Yas as in my DG Yas? my LATING Yas? if it's a yes, didn't know you came here!
Post a Comment