Record of Achievement... Second and third year medics in Dundee are currently stressing about this. except of course a couple of the ultra geeky ones... them who have completed it ages ago!!! Sheesh.. SICKO ;p (I'm just jealous really)
Anyway, what is the record of achievement. it's kinda like a portfolio, only its not ;p
In third year, we have to see 12 huge patients. take history, examine, write therapeutic report (what drug, why on drug, mechanism of drug, etc etc) and an outcome sheet.
Part two of the roa is wholly outcome based!!!!
Sadly, my uni is obsessed with its outcomes! We have 12 outcomes. Theoretically, if i adhere to this 12 outcomes, I will turn out to be a competent safe doctor! Amin!!! (Say Amin guys ;p)
I'll tell you what the outcomes are...
Curriculum Outcomes
What the doctor is able to do
1 Competent in clinical skills
Keep your professional knowledge and skills up to date.
Give patients information in a way they can understand.
2 Competent to perform practical procedures
3 Competent to investigate a patient
4 Competent to manage a patient
5 Competent to give advice on health promotion and disease prevention
6 Competent in communication skills
7 Competent to retrieve and handle information
How the doctor approaches their practice
8 Understanding of social, basic and clinical sciences and underlying principles
9 Appropriate attitudes, ethical under-standing and legal responsibilities
Make the care of your patient your first concern. Treat every patient politely and considerately. Respect patients’ privacy and dignity. Listen to patients and respect their views. Respect the rights of patients to be fully involved in decisions about their care. Be honest and trustworthy. Respect and protect confidential information. Make sure own personal beliefs do not prejudice your patients’ care.
10 Appropriate decision making skills and clinical reasoning and judgement.
Recognise the limits of your profess-sional competence. Avoid abusing your position as a doctor. Work with colleagues in ways that best serve patients’ interests. Act quickly to protect patients at risk if you have good reason to believe that you or a colleague may not be fit to practise.
The doctor as a professional
11 Appreciation of the role of the doctor within the health service
12 Aptitude for personal development
And to think masa my interview, I mentioned liking these outcomes! LOL.. How fake am I?!! Hehehe...
Also, because students spend LOTS AND LOTS of hours on their RoA, the uni thinks its only fair that we have a proper exam on it. We will have a 20mins oral exam on our roa where the examiner can scrutinise us and ask us about ANYTHING related (or unrelated) to our roa!!! SCARY huh!!! But, pray that I don't panic, and come up with plausible and acceptable answers... AMIN!!!
Hmm... siapa watch Charmed here.. please can someone explain to me what happened to Leo.. when he was frozen, where they had to lose him to safe him after the accident... Also, who is the blonde witch who is in search of her sister?! Sigh.. I'm so behind in my Charmed!!!
Hmmph... Train of thought interrupted.. Can't think anymore now.. OH NO!!! The lady in ER yang dulu nurse but now is a dr is PREGNANT!!!! There are HUGE twists in almost every single thing I watch!!! I mean, Susan in neighbours is married, and then her husband died!!! There's charmed, then there's this ER person.. EXCITING lives THEY lead...
2 comments:
I missed the last two Charmed episodes, but I read some spoilers and it kinda helped. I'd give you the link, but I can't seem to find it right now.
I think the episode you are talking about is yet to come to star world... but the blond is a witch whom is paige's charge... she is supposedly in training with the sisters, help them vanguish demonds and blah blah blah so that they can have a 'normal' life...
i am yet to come accross Loe being frozen... when i am there... i will let you know....
abd... i haven't had the pleasure to watch desprate house wives... and NO new ER here!!!
helpful? and good luck on the RoA :P
Post a Comment