I have always thought that IF I ever am going to have kids, I will either 1. adopt them or 2. have them but not a lot of them! Them probably 2 or 3 max... Currently we are studying Obs and gyn block and whatever nightmare and sakit I imagined giving birth to be proves to be true!!! At least theoretically!!!
Anything and everything seems to be able to go wrong during your pregnancy and during delivery!!! It scares the hell out of me just thinking about it! And everytime I imagine or see someone giving birth, I 'feel' the pain from in me and it's proper pain! (Well not as proper and as intense as what those ladies are feeling.. but ouch all the same!) It somehow boggles my brain as to why some ladies are WILLINGLY wanting to give birth to MORE than the necessary minimum!!! My mom included! Yikes!!!
Anyway, always jua kena debate whether we should call them things in your uterus babies or fetuses... I've always thought of them of pests... Macam leeches almost.. because they suck life out of you! there will be some of you out there who will hate me for saying that, but it's true! If it goes wrong, then they make your life the worst possible ever. Kalau ok saja, then ok lah.. everyone happy.. ada baby.. yeay! =)
however, walaupun i describe them as such, I don't think I will ever have the guts to 'kill' any one of my multiple fetuses. We were told today in lectures how triplets or more etc are more likely to die than singletons... So, as an option to ensure that the parents have at least one live baby, parents can decide to inject KCl into the fetus' heart.. so it will kill them.. so that tinggal satu baby and so that one baby will have a higher chance of surviving! Macam that is so harsh and so kejam! I don't think I can ever do that!!! But Tina and I made a joke out of it anyway.. Macam deciding which one would we like to kill if it was us who had to decide?
If I had triplets two girls and one boy, I'd kill one of the girls so I'll have one boy and one girl and then that's me done! No more babies... Kalau all girls or all boys then I suppose it doesn't really matter does it? Sigh...
Yesterday in clinical skills we learnt how to palpate for the fetus.. Measure length and whatever!!! The model we practiced on is so WRONG!!! The facilitator would 'lift the skin' and expose the inside of the model and I could see this fetus like model in a fluid filled sac which was suppose to resemble the fetus in its amniotic sac like thing!!! SCARY!!! Can you believe that? When you are pregnant you have this thing which is really alive, in YOU?! Scary eh!!! Also we learnt about the whole different positions these fetus can lie in. I hope mine (if ever) would be a direct vertex cephalic.. whatever and however u describe it. pokoknya let it please be an uncomplicated thing! Amin!
And then giving birth? Vaginal delivery?! Ouch!!! SAKIT!!! And you might end up tearing up your muscles and what not.. I think I'll opt for the Caesarean delivery thank you very much!!! I'd be one of them ladies who go "Cut me up and get this thing out quick!!" (I guess this means it doesn't really matter how the fetus lies, because I'm being cut up anyway ;p) How in heaven's name can ladies say "giving birth is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me" I can believe and understand if it's seeing your baby for the first time being the most wonderful thing... But to undergo the pain to be the most wonderful thing? now that's a bit extreme.. No? Can't someone think of a way to magically just let the fetus out into this world without pain without scars without stretchmakrs? Sigh.. Please GENIUS... Think about it!!! LOL
Anyway, I hope that whoever out there yang kan intend to have a lot of kids, I tell you to rethink it!!! Even if you are males, think of the pain that your wives will endure!!! Oww!!! Jangan tah banyak banyak babies... We need to maintain the population number anyway. We don't want it to be on the increase.. (or do we? Hmmph!) And I hope everyone punya pregnancy is alright and inda luan susah! Amin!!!
Sigh... Missing my brats!!! a couple of weeks before I get to see them!!! Whee!!! =)
2 comments:
Caesarean?? No way heh.
I'd like 3 or 4 babies hehe..:D
Remember Shar used to say she'd like lots of babies, in double digits even but now she's experienced giving birth, the idea seems to have gone out the window hehe..
babies..seriously deep stuff fets hehhe :P
fets m waiting for my results now and sakit plang parut ku lagi membaca ur post ani ARGH its still 5-6 babies for me. i still stand on my ground. m gna take epidurals. hehehehe. that is subject to change after my first delivery. hrhr.
Post a Comment