Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Random

Hey J.

Who's' the suggested new model? Iski jua saya mau tau =) And if Loud Sister really does go back with Old Model, I'm definitely NOT gonna give the reception! Will ignore him as best as I can... He really does not deserve my attention! ;p

Siuk jua fishing! I miss fishing!!! Will definitely have to go with u and Navy Boy ;p

----------------------------------

Just spent the last 30 mins surfing and browsing MOD Brunei punya website. There isn't much to it! I was hoping to see and read more about careers in the army.. tapi nada! Anyway, was reading about Pehin Dato Halbi, and I was impressed to know that he started from the bawah berabis pun... As in, he started with the Air Force, and then OCDt and then 2Lt!!! It's really the sort of route I'm going for, if I am going for the army... Although, I don't know if I can be commissioned here without having to be bonded with the Brisith Army. So yeah, if I do want to join the army, it will have to wait til when I go back to Brunei for good.

----------------------------------

Band of Brothers

Last Wednesday, we watched episode 7 and later discussed the leadership skills and styles etc. Watching that movie made me suddenly think "CRAP!!! Do I really want to be in the army and having to be in wars?!" I have thought about it before, and the answer is not really... Then everyone keeps on saying Brunei is a safe and peaceful country, there are no wars (but for how long?!). And, I won't be part of the infantry, I'm gonna be part of the medic... And God forbid me being a field medic!! There's no way I'm gonna survive any war if I were the field medic.

Looking back, episode 7 was so funny! The platoon was being attacked, bombed? whatever it was.. pokoknya, everyone was hiding in their trenches except for a few who were still running for cover. What I found particularly funny was how, it was all LOUD and NOISY and everything, but as soon as someone collapsed, a soldier would shout "MEDIC!" and surely a medic runs forward to save this life! This makes gd tv.. but surely does not happen in real life. 1. How could the medic hear? 2. The medic was pure lucky not to have been shot etc.!!

Anyway... I really want to have a work attachment with the Brunei Army! I'm gutted my attempt of an attachment during summer just passed didn't happen! =( Boohoo!

------------------------------

Oh yeah, went to town today! but only for 30 mins if not less! Went to get files and quickly walked through Elizabeth Arden counter in Debenhams, Gap (LAWA!!!), Oasis, Mango and H&M! And that was me 2 weeks WITHOUT visiting town!!! I'm dead impressed with myself. Although, I have to say, I'm itching to go to town!!! I'm a compulsive town go-er!!! hehehe... Thursday kali lah I go town lagi... Hehehe

2 comments:

War186 said...

I've watched Band of Brothers..but only bits and pieces. It's one of Rezam's fave movies. I think it's a great war movie. Rezam always watches that particular episode (I wonder why), episode 7 so I know what you're talking about. That episode was when their trenches got shitted right? Hehe.. And yes the invincible medic, I pity him; stressful job he got there attending to every soldier on the battlefield alone. Heh.

InsyaAllah there'll never be a war in Brunei..that aside, just join the army. Loads of good fringe benefits right? Hehe ;)

Dee said...

You have H&M? Man, I wish my kampung ada... :(