What is it with kids that I can't just stand them? I don't dislike or hate all of them... Just the annoying ones... or so I tell myself... Only I seem to find most of them very annoying whilst others find them relatively well behaved and what have you...
I remember having 'fights' with Haziq when he was two or sth... And I of course was wayyy older... Tapi, he'd do something to sasakkan saya and that would be the start of our 'war' ... Hmm... I just don't understand why I eventually hate all these kids!!! Keh keh keh... Well not hate ALL the time.. But SOMEtimes only. Keh keh ekh...
Hmm... Possibly I started having this annoyance towards kids eversince I was a kid myself... I was always the 'bully' in my class in Pgg, without me realising it ofcourse (But I have been reminded TIMe and TIME again), but VAGUELY at the back of my mind, I remember to always 'care' for the people that I liked... The ones I didn't like, I just didn't care... It would have made me happier if I could possibly make their life as HELLish as was possible... ;p
All this changed though by the time I went to MS... I was somehow intimidated by everyone else... thinking everyone else is so clever (you know what they tell you when you were kids... only the clever ones get to go to MS)... And clever people intimidated me... (Perhaps they still do...) But apparently, according to my rnB friends, I was still the bully I was in Pgg when we were in MS... I don't think so... But... HMMM...
Anyway, was lying in my bed the other day and terus it dwelled on me... When do teenagers stop acting or feeling not weird... Unweird? Disweird? Whatever the word is... When do they start feeling 'cool' although they won't necessary be cool, whatever COOL defines...
When did I start feeling cool? I guess I never did... I was just living in my own world... With my friends in school and with my family at home... Two separte people in two different environments... Welll kinda, but not really... ;p I was almost always the eldest in my circle of friends (going to school late did not help at all) but at home I am the youngest and it always seemed (to others!!!) that I am utterly spoilt...
I think 'kids' a 'generation' before me seem to feel cool after they do O levels... Cooler lah tu konon... moving on to do A level in MD or whatever they pursue... And for people kinda my age... I guess it was cool to just hang out with your friends and to be in the 'cool' gang, ada mobile, or the newest gadget? I don't know... But kids now? I don't know... some of them have mobile phones from the age of 6!!! SO yea.. its a totally different ballgame now... And the 'kids' just a few years younger than me... They SCARE me... They are EVERYWHERE!!! YIKES!!!
So yea... the question remains... When did you start feeling 'cool'? And what made you feel 'cool'?
3 comments:
My brother's only 12 and he already has a mobile phone, yet he had the nerve to say, "I don't have luxuries like Kaka Dhilah" -- I only got my first mobile phone during mid-teens! Capi!
I started feeling cool when I was best friends with Alai Izzul. Hehe. Okay, I didn't mean it in a superficial way, but there are certain things that come with being best friends with royalty kan, and I guess that was the cool part.
Then again, I still feel like I'm not cool compared to people I know. I mean, what I consider is cool is macam art students who have outrageous, yet gorgeous fashion statements. Something that you know you'd look stupid in, but they can pull it off.
Gadgets-wise, there's a certain limit to owning new toys to achieve the "cool" status - own too many, including things people have never heard of, you might be considered a geek. :S
Aku ah, macam buat essay saja. Lol. Anyway, how is my dearest cousin doing there? I sent her a birthday text yesterday, nada reply. Boo. :(
Hey Dhi!!!
yes, being friends with Royalty/Famous does have its 'cool' part... It's different I suppose...
And you brother comparing himself with you? lol... Inda ia tau the different ages? kehkehkeh.. No one can be happy...
Your cousin is ok =) We tried giving her a 'surprise' bday party yesterday tapi macam inda ada banyak the 'surprise' element... When I was preparing the cake in the kitchen, she walked straight in.. macam boring terus ;p
And I like essay comments =) Keep them coming Dhi =)
hey, but u always told me u liked the comments short n simple ;P
nway, i can't think of when i started to feel 'cool' ;P i guess i was always cool. haha kidding. ;) but yeah it helped having all those cool tech/electronic gadgets i had back in lower secondary n every1 was all 'sakai' about em lol. actually in retrospect, i think everyone thot i was materialistic rather than cool muahaha *shrugs*
Post a Comment