Heya.. saya now using word, kerana saya kan sesi testing menesting… we shall see if it works…
Anyway.. firstly, yes war, I am a girly girl.. at times.. nothing I can do about that.. because I am XX genetically ;p and when I said finger ku kamah polishing.. I meant it was STAINED.. four days on and im still stained… cali lah.. I use DARK TAN polish, but my finger tips (and somehow my palm too) are reddish!!! Dududud…
Polishing shoes, my number two (formal army uniform) shoes depresses me… well depression is such a strong word… more like disappoints me…
I got really excited for the weekend (just past). Merely because I thought I’d be parading, in my number two, to the bag pipe and band… only to find out on Friday night that I won’t be able to parade because I wasn’t in camp for the whole ten days.. or at least since Thurs… I wasn’t there for practice sessions… sigh… and.. I didn’t ‘pass’ my MTQ1 (lowest grade of an officer cadet in Tayforth (my area) OTC)…
I didn’t pass, again, because I wasn’t there (in the camp), so I didn’t have the opportunity to sit for the exams… BFA (Basic Fitness Assessment) and CFT (Combat Fitness Test)… Had no opportunity, so there’s no telling how FAR I am from passing… I’m pretty sure I’d almost definitely FAIL it.. but not taking chances means u never had a chance at all!!! (got this saying from a poster in the Uni Gym! Love it!! The picture was about shooting hoops in b-ball!)
So yea… I went to our unit in Dundee on Friday night, to be picked up to go to BARRY BUDDON (the army camp).. ada ramai orang.. well 7 of us.
Masa sampai, went to my accommodation.. my bed from the previous week had been taken over (not impressed about that, but it was inevitable) so went over to room next door, took the bed next to Emma (I like her). But ada ramai orang I wasn’t too keen of in the room… but it was fine. I was civil about it! Like I always am, or at least try to be.
Saturday, after breakfast (I was surprised and a tad disappointed and part glad that kami nada PT (physical test) that morning), Annie (another MTQ1 non qualified, basically she is at my level) and I were to work as guard!!! Kami jadi guard…
It was an experience!!! I’d certainly do it again a different time… anyway, there were 7 of us on guard, took turns letting vehicles in and out of camp… I did this for two separate hours. Fun jua lah. All I had to do was, asked name of driver, reg number, and time in/out.. kinda like askar camps in Brunei.. well certainly macam Gurkha camp lah.. felt like a gurkha when I was letting cars in and out.. =) I look up to Gurkhas!!! They are SO loyal and SO fit!!! And they are amazing people! Interesting!!!
When not on duty.. it was DULL!!! Got into extremely LIGHT conversations with the others, attempted to read on my new book from kajack (the TENKO club), and trying not to be too depressed about not parading and passing out.. (could hear the band playing the music.. sigh…)
And… at one time, I couldn’t remember the name of the RQMS person.. so I asked him his name. I recognised his face. I swear!!! The previous week, he tagured me about my jacket collar and zip… and he laughed the fact that I didn’t know who he is/was…
Me: Sir, could I get your surname please
RQ: you don’t know it?
Me: I can’t remember it sir
RQ: you don’t know me? I give you the uniform you are wearing, I give you the Bergen that u have lalala
Me: sorry sir, I don’t remember
RQ: my name is Culling (I think its major, not too sure)
Me: thanks sir
*runs to side to lift bar so vehicle could pass*
I didn’t find that intimidating at all. The RQ is a lovely man!!! No doubt handsome when he was younger… hehehe
Later in the afternoon, when it was my duty, yet again, the same RQ person lagi masuk ke camp, this time I smiled and just lifted bar. He smiled ditto saya.
RQ: you know me now do you? (as a response to me not aksing for is name and id)
Me: yes sir, just go straight in =)
Today in unit in Dundee.. I was told to pick up sampah (sigh, macam ulun) and on the way to tong… (I wasn’t looking left right or up… I walked straight to the bin (I had an agenda)) he stepped up in front of me… he as in the RQ
RQ: who am i?
Me: *tebanggang skjp, looks around, and he leaped out of a circle of ‘officers’ (them higher ranks than myself)* Culling
RQ: what do I do?
Me: you are the RQMS sir =) *still banggang*
RQ: Well done! You are good at this…
I had a compliment from him.. sigh… cali lah.. then he was telling the ‘officers’ about me not knowing his name ;p hehehe..
I didn’t have to clean the rifles today.. because all the MTQ1 (supposedly ppl my level, but im sure they are just a tad higher than me now because they have passed) had cleaned it the day before…
I like our new PSI.. SM Watts.. he’s nicer than the previous one. Well I think so since he is easier to talk to, and not so intimidating. I think its also the fact that he is English. The previous was slightly harder to understand.. Scottish drawl (yes, I still don’t get the Scottish accent, and yes, I still don’t have the Scottish accent) makes the words harder to digest!
Erm.. askar likes their abbreviations… BFA, CFT, PT, PAWPERSO. ACT, FGIT… sigh.. they try to make it simple, but they fail miserably! I think I have written long enough…
And im tired because I have spent ages on this chair, mostly talking to mas… Dang Ganaz issues.. muahaha.. my team is having a practice session this weekend.. im not going, but im preparing for it.. heheheh.. sigh…
I will blog again soon.. I had so many ideas and thoughts whilst in camp… so hopefully, I make the effort to actually type it out… ;p laters!
No comments:
Post a Comment