Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My run-ins with luck

As luck would have it, I have been having lots of good luck...

1. My handbag got stolen from my workplace. But, I had my keys, phone and purse with me - not stolen. Thank you God.

2. As I drove off after dropping my friend at her place, a group of silly drunk people decided to throw a broomstick from the flats to the road, missing me and Jamilah by a few seconds. Alhamdulillah. Could have cracked my windows!

3. Today my car decided to break down just before I enter the 'secret/hidden' parking lot underneath the GP practice. Called the RAC (the people I pay to help me at times like this) and they arrived within 15mins. Only to realise that apparently something on my battery got 'unclipped' and he fixed it. It took him 5 mins, and that is including the paper work =) Nothing major, and nothing for me to pay today. Thank you.

So maybe all this bad luck is out of my life for now huh... Hopefully I've not jinxed it, because that would just be catastrophic. Onwards to better things.. Ambil yang jernih, buang yang keruh. (On a side note, I seem to like this phrase. Either learnt it in school, or it was in a song. Most probably in a song.)

No comments: