Sunday, April 12, 2009

Could this be the reason?

I've always wondered what people think of me... As a first impression, as a lasting impression, whatever... When I was younger, I used to not care what people think of me much... I was carefree and couldn't be bothered with what the others thought of me... However, with age, and somehow more self-confidence issues, I realise that I do care what people think of me...

I don't think I particularly try to impress everyone, but I don't want to be disliked either... I always think that I am shy, initially. (Yes ok, I expect all of you to say "yeah right" to this statement)... I do find it hard to make friends to begin with, because I've got this 'guard' up.. But when I decide I like a person, enough to truly include them in my world, then I'm well in there!! At which point my shyness just does not exist, and is a thing of the past...

Anyhoo, it's people who don't know me punya impressions of me yang worry me sometimes.. Because, these people don't really know me, yet they do judge. I shouldn't care of what they think, because I don't know them well enough for their opinion to matter a lot to me, if at all.. But like I've said before, I do 'sub'conciously care...

Very recently, when in a taxi with a few of my colleagues, one of the boys was telling me about a nurse he found quite good looking. And then, just RANDOMLY and UNEXPECTEDLY, one of my girl colleague pointed at me, and asked the others, "Is she a LESBIAN? I didn't know."

I was utterly stupified and just said, "Excuse me?!"
"I didn't know if you were gay"
"I most certainly am not. I like boys!"

Oh my God... If I'm giving her the vibes that I am a lesbian, could it be possible that all the others who don't quite know me think the same? I mean, some think I'm a tomboy (refer to previous entries), and now, to make matters worse, I am thought of as a lesbian?!

Could this be the reason that I still find myself unattached?! lol...

I was gonnae ask what you lot think of me, but I think I've already asked this in the past... So that's alright... You can just think of what you think I'm doing 'wrong'... How can I girlify myself... And don't say skirts and whatever... I don't see all the girls out in the world in skirts!! ;p

3 comments:

alep said...

woot?! No Fets, you don't look any lesbian to me. You are normal. COOL!! Hehe! I like you the way you are and inda payah tah kan jadi bini2 sal u atu mcm bini2 sudah. Hehe! Love yah!!

Unknown said...

ooo babe... cheer up....

buta tu that girl... for all u know ia yang lesbian tu....

AlaiMidget said...

ditto. i toldja maybe she meant "so, is she lesbian?" *high hopes wink wink from her part*!! hehehehhe.