So I'm doing my second job now...
It's VERY different to my previous one...
My first job was constant work, if it's self inflicted, or made upon me!!!
This second job, is in a way, slightly cushy... I work team-based rather than ward-based. So, I'm not expected to know all the patients in the ward, just the patients under my consultant...
I started off the job with just one patient, due to the fact that my consultant was on-leave...
One week into the job, and I've got 17 in-patients under my belt... A LOT less compared to the other junior doctors in the ward... One of the teams had 9 patients between the three of them... So yeah, you do the maths...
My job has a QUICK turnover, theoretically anyway.. So, I should really be having a different set of patients each week...
Anyhow... MORE about my job =) There are SEVEN of us junior doctors in surgery, yes guys, I'm doing surgery at the moment. It's quite a good bunch, I seem to get along with the other four... Not quite the other six... Funnily, the two that I don't quite 'gel' with are GIRLS... Perhaps this is me being a 'boy' again, and just chilling with my homie...
The nature of the wards, and the teams, I find myself working quite closely with this guy called Mo... So yeah, he's my 'partner in crime' now... We have different working styles, but essentially, I think we work quite well together... He makes me calmer, because he's a very calm person =) So yeah, the both of us are just chillax-ed!!
And, obviously, I get to go to theatre now... Admittedly it's a bit boring because it is urology... And I don't get to see or do much... But the fact that I go to theatre is enough to make me feel a lot better...
The up-short is, I'm liking my current job so far!!! =)
2 comments:
im not sure i understand...u have 17 in-patients, the other team has 9 patients between 3 of them but yet u still have lots less patients? am i doing the maths wrong?
hahahaha... i was temporarily confused, but i guess i know what you mean!!!
Urology huh... Is that something you may take up on? Currently in Brunei, if i am not mistaken, we already have a specialist in that area. or was it a SMO.
Do you really want to do surgery?
Post a Comment