Those close and dear to me have been asked a random question within the last few weeks... That question was "What character/trait do you think my boyfriend/partner/husband should have?"
The different answers I got was more than interesting.. They were enlightening... And it showed me or pointed out to me who knew me well, or not at all... (And it also showed who was dark and thoughtful or light and easy-going..)
Anyway.. the randomness of the conversation meant that I got random responses... One led to me being questioned lots of questions of whether I am ready to be in a relationship (or not)... The answer to this question is YES, I think I am ready, but I'm still not going to engage in a relationship with the next decent guy I set my eyes on. Yes you can call me picky, I don't care! At the end of the day, I'm the one who is gonna end up being with this guy, I'll be happier knowing that I took my time choosing my person.
Another one of the conversations led to my friend testing my female confidence, touching on sensitive issues, particularly the weight issues... I feel that this is a recurrent topic of choice between friends and myself. This isn't the first time that it has been suggested to me that I'm a bit on the plus side... I've been told that I'd be prettier had I been slimmer...
When told this to another friend, I was asked if I was going to go on a diet and do something about it..
Well let me say this:
No, I will not go on a diet or do something about my weight because I have been said to be plump!! When I do do something about my weight, it will be because I want to... It won't be because I have to conform to society!!!
And again, this led to an interesting progression in the conversation:
My features are more chinesey than it is malay... Thus, I have to be skinnier than I am to be seen as a pretty chinese girl... (Generalisation, I know..) But is this idea of conforming to society what most of us have ingrained in our heads? If it is, don't you think we are living in such a sad superficial life?
On a lighter note, if you've not been asked the random question which had led to this post... I'd like to see what you've got to say... "What character/trait do you think my boyfriend/partner/husband should have?"
3 comments:
You're not plump! You are fine the way you are and I'm being completely honest. I'm on a LOT on the plus side though, so maybe that's why I don't think you're not plump.
Anyway, I agree that you should only do things, like lose weight, because you want to! Not because society says you should.
I think I've already been asked and I already answered, but your future boyfriend/husband/partner has to have a great sense of humour, or at least be outgoing. Not the geeky kind who's shy and prefers to play games at home than go out.
Fetttt you are already prettyyy. I think your best asset is your eyes.
Good looking.
We are talking about superficiality, right? Lol. Kidding. I don't know. But I do know you (I think). Let me just think for a bit. Later! :P
Post a Comment