This is the second funny story from the summer... I find it funny, I hope you do too ;p
Anyhow, this is perhaps one of the best memories the girls (Syma and Mima) could have given me.. It is FANTASTIC =)
2. Being able to identify creatures
One morning in Brunei, we were ready to leave the flat in Tasek. The girls had gone out before me to get the elevator, and I had the important job of locking the door. Busily locking, I then heard both the girls shrieking!!! And running away to the other side of the floor. Obviously running away from something very scary. The 'worried' host that I was, I quickly tended to them and asked what was wrong...
"There's a BAT Fets!"
"A what?"
"There, it's a bat!"
I looked in the direction that they were pointing at, and instead of being scared (like them both), or wow-ed (I've only seen a bat in Brunei once before - and that was NIGHT time), I burst out laughing!!! What they thought was a bat was merely a MOTH!! A harmless brown moth!!! lol!! Granted it is kinda a big moth, the size of my palm, but still... There was no way one could mis-identify the moth as a bat!! But these two did, and it made my day!! made my summer, and it still manages to make me chuckle when I think of it. Hehehehe...
Take home message: Be proud to be Bruneians because we see a completely different sort of creatures here which most people won't get to see... Also, a Moth does not = a bat ;p
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment