Monday, August 27, 2007

Visit Brunei 2008

Where is the theme song?

My two friends, Syma and Mima, and I were in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur to ‘do’ our elective... That’s a different story... Anyway, in Malaysia, we were ‘brain-washed’ into thinking and believing that Malaysia is Truly Asia through and through... You can judge that for yourselves...

Malaysia Truly Asia Song..

Verse?

Bla bla bla celebration..
Bla bla
Malaysia truly Asia (high pitch)
Malaysia truly Asia (low pitch)

*Bla bla = me not knowing the words

So, seeing that it is visit Brunei 2008... It’s only appropriate that we have a theme song of our own... don’t you think? One, which is equally catchy and amusing... So here I am, trying to write a song... I am no song-writer, but I hope the appropriate bodies, will take my song and make it THE theme song...

Brunei, Kingdom of Unexpected Treasures (Land of Great)

Verse one
Brunei Land of green,
Trees aplenty birds chirping,
Lichens grow under sky so blue
Enchanting Belalong National Park

Verse two
Brunei Land of Mosques
Oh so plenty and so beautiful
To the left to the right
Takes my breath away, everytime

Verse three
Brunei Land of Intrigue
Ancient monarchy still exists
Way before Sang Aji
Oh so splendid are the royals

Chorus
Brunei oh so great
5765 sq km of greatness
Four districts in total
Brunei-Muara, Tutong, Belait and Temburong

Oh-my-God!!! Sun and rain..
Nasi Katok 24/7
I love Brunei!!!
We are so great!!!

Verse four
Only in Brunei
People eat more than six times a day
You hear nyaman nyaman
Chanted everywhere

Verse five
Gold is the bling
The bling is a must
Only the bling is good enough
For our domes and ladies...

Verse six
Kampong Ayer is the best
It is Venice of the East
Mengambau for a boat
Have the best ride of your life

Chorus

Verse seven
Ambuyat is the gum!
The gum which makes us special
Try our gum
And you’ll be stuck here forever

Verse eight
Oil and gas is the game
A billion barrel has been made
Be the billionth visitor
And drop by OGDC

Verse nine
Monument of gigantic diamond
Dazzling brilliantly at night
Helps people to see at the round-a-bout
Je-u-dong land of Kedayans...

Chorus

Verse ten
Magnificent coastlines
Waves eat at them
From one end to another
We build stone walls to keep them safe

Verse eleven
We have done it before
We can do it again
We are kingdom of unexpected treasures
We do unexpected things

Verse twelve
Visit Brunei 2008
Improved version of 2001
We are Brunei, Land of Great
Brunei YAKIN!!!
Go for Gold!!!

Chorus

Bruneii Darussalam (National anthem style)~~ Land of great... (short and snappy)

I’ll have you know, my sister *unnamed* helped me create this masterpiece... We only did it in twenty minutes.. All written is a fact, I hope you like it, as much as we do.. Any musicians with a tune, please tell me.. I would so love to put this on youtube =)

Singers will be auditioned, don’t worry, judging will be fair... All you need is a good voice and a flare for patriotism and dramatics...

With that, I end this with, Brunei Darussalam... Land of Great!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

sapa lagi.....

Fish, I love the song very much. Its fun, its witty and its enchanting. Well done!!

Padian said...

Aunty.. you really have nothing to do!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha lawa the song!! lajutah make!!

Apprentice educator said...

HAHA! LOVE ITTT!!! tho the '5765 sq km of greatness' might be a mouthful to sing! hee hee..

AlaiMidget said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Fets, I laughed so hard, inda bernati, I think my mum pikir something's wrong with me. Cali! Aku suka! And i'm trying to guess which sister menulis with u! heheh. (kaka memeng kah?)
I love the je-u-dong bit, and nyaman nyaman...hahahah semua lah ku suka. although some are a mouthful!


......i totally get u pasal feeling brainwashed. i see signs everywhere!

War186 said...

Tell me ah if you've found anyone yang kan audition sudah heheheh. :D

P.S. Steady lah kamu te-compose sth like that. ;)

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa...im LOVING the song...:) It should be the Visit Brunei 2008 song coz its funny and true!!

Ambuyat i love!!! sia sia pun!

Will tell one of the 'creative' brunei guy over here in Kent since hes soo into music and always makes his own music n song..;)

yas said...

"Oh-my-God!!! Sun and rain..
Nasi Katok 24/7
I love Brunei!!!
We are so great!!!"

HEHEHHEE you weren't kidding when you wrote a song. berabis with the verses..hahahahaha well done :P

Anonymous said...

fets,
visit brunei 2008 inda jadi. pah!

very disappointing eh since aku proposed the visitbrunei2008 exhibition here in dunedin. no wait, we actually started working on it when the brunei tourism cakap inda bleh promote pasal inda jadi usulnya. ceh. >.<

FR said...

i know right... what's the deal with visit brunei 2008 inda jadi...? sayang... and they don't even know when the actual visit brunei will be... and kesian jua kamu inda jadi promote di dunedin...

and again.. thanks people for liking the song... =) hahahaha