Nothing much to say, yet again. Nothing much has happened to me... However, that doesn't mean I've got nothing to share with you!!! ;p
On Thursday, I got an anonymous call just before 4am UK time... I picked it up groggily and said hello. On the other end, I heard my sister's voice going, "Hi Bibob. I know you are asleep, but you have to wake up." Pause.
Oh-my-bloody-gosh!!! I swear I must have stopped breathing for a bit, tried to sit up straighter, quickly told my brain to be ready to hear the continuation of this sentence and I said, "ok, I'm up."
Then my sister jollily said, "So I am now in your new room, how would you like your wardrobe?"
Like WHAT?!! That UNNECESSARY SCARY introduction only to ask me about a bloody wardrobe?! Needless to say I was NOT impressed!!! Held a decent conversation before I eventually started to break down and cry much to the surprise of my sister...
"Why are you crying Bibob?"
"I thought you were gonna tell me someone had died!"
"Why would you think that?"
"Because of your introduction!!!" D'OH!!!
"Don't be silly. Trust me with regards to your wardrobe. Here, talk to another sister"
At this time, I was properly sobbing from the shock of it all...
"Why are you crying?"
"I thought I was going to be told that someone died"
My second sister then laughs evilly, tells everyone the silly reason as to why I was crying and then said to me, "Here, speak to Daddy. He isn't dead."
NOT funny I tell you. NOT funny!!!
Daddy was genuinely worried I was crying!! And had the heart to call me a few hours later to check on me to ensure I was ok.. My sisters on the other hand, did not.. Sigh.. I love my dad!!!
Point to learn: Do NOT for God's sake, call someone who is living FARR away from home, at an UNGODLY hour (their time), and start a conversation the way my first sister did!!! That is soooo not on and so not cool!!! And so not appreciated!!!
Living away from home, the first thing you expect is BAD news and this includes death!!! That is NOT how I'd like to be told someone had died!!!
So, I plead of you to THINK of the things you say to people. It might not mean nothing to you, yet it means a whole lot to another. I've not quite mastered this act myself, so I'm to learn from this event as well. We're all here to forever learn from mistakes... So let us all learn from this HORRIBLE error!!!
Lots of love,
xx
PS: Kaka, I do trust you with regards to my wardrobe.
PPS: It's Friday. The weekend is here!!! Yay!!
On Thursday, I got an anonymous call just before 4am UK time... I picked it up groggily and said hello. On the other end, I heard my sister's voice going, "Hi Bibob. I know you are asleep, but you have to wake up." Pause.
Oh-my-bloody-gosh!!! I swear I must have stopped breathing for a bit, tried to sit up straighter, quickly told my brain to be ready to hear the continuation of this sentence and I said, "ok, I'm up."
Then my sister jollily said, "So I am now in your new room, how would you like your wardrobe?"
Like WHAT?!! That UNNECESSARY SCARY introduction only to ask me about a bloody wardrobe?! Needless to say I was NOT impressed!!! Held a decent conversation before I eventually started to break down and cry much to the surprise of my sister...
"Why are you crying Bibob?"
"I thought you were gonna tell me someone had died!"
"Why would you think that?"
"Because of your introduction!!!" D'OH!!!
"Don't be silly. Trust me with regards to your wardrobe. Here, talk to another sister"
At this time, I was properly sobbing from the shock of it all...
"Why are you crying?"
"I thought I was going to be told that someone died"
My second sister then laughs evilly, tells everyone the silly reason as to why I was crying and then said to me, "Here, speak to Daddy. He isn't dead."
NOT funny I tell you. NOT funny!!!
Daddy was genuinely worried I was crying!! And had the heart to call me a few hours later to check on me to ensure I was ok.. My sisters on the other hand, did not.. Sigh.. I love my dad!!!
Point to learn: Do NOT for God's sake, call someone who is living FARR away from home, at an UNGODLY hour (their time), and start a conversation the way my first sister did!!! That is soooo not on and so not cool!!! And so not appreciated!!!
Living away from home, the first thing you expect is BAD news and this includes death!!! That is NOT how I'd like to be told someone had died!!!
So, I plead of you to THINK of the things you say to people. It might not mean nothing to you, yet it means a whole lot to another. I've not quite mastered this act myself, so I'm to learn from this event as well. We're all here to forever learn from mistakes... So let us all learn from this HORRIBLE error!!!
Lots of love,
xx
PS: Kaka, I do trust you with regards to my wardrobe.
PPS: It's Friday. The weekend is here!!! Yay!!
5 comments:
My mother once called my mobile at midnight (after having tried calling my house) and I was so scared because my late grandmother was still alive then but was ill and my dad always told me to prepare myself... rupanya she bought the wrong ticket for me to go back home. Yeah, it was slightly urgent because I was supposed to be going home in two weeks, but not so urgent that she had to call at midnight.
It's nothing compared to your 4AM call, I wasn't in deep slumber, but I understand how it feels to get an unexpected call at such a stupid time.
Recently, I accidentally called my mother's mobile at 4AM their time, but only because she and my dad were supposed to be in London (ie. 9PM). How was I supposed to know that their trip got cancelled?! They didn't bother telling me, lol.
fets, aku pun tau how it feels!!! ive had one traumatizing incident when i had lots of missed calls (presumably from brunei) when i was sleeping - nyaman tidur banaaaa! But i didnt get to call my family back the next day to check. When I came back home, I checked my inbox to get a msg from my bro saying something like "Fizah tau nini meninggal kah?" Wow, what a great way to tell me!!!!
So yes, i understand how u feel. Everytime someone calls me balik2 or at awkward times, i always expect bad news. and this time they call u like that for a wardrobe! Yes, i can understand the fury...
On the other hand, your sisters are evilly funny! heheh...and your dad is really sweet!!!! Sweet ia tipon ko balik....
Love, cream puffs
p/s. i'm going to be in dundee soil in a week's time insyaAllah!
*hugs* i understand only too well... I too went through similar 'phone calls'. only this time, it was from mummy.
I told her the day before that i would be attending a course the whole day, so not to disturb me... but she called and called and didn't even bother leaving a message!
I kind of got worried, so i called back only to find out it was about the same issues... wardrobe! SIGH!!! i got annoyed...
I mean, if you want to discuss such issues, you could have,
1. texted
2. Informed earlier so people can actually think and discuss
*hugs* If i call YOU at an UNGODLY hour.... then... you know its BAD news....
PS: I stopped mummy several times calling you early in the morning!!! During my time, she used to do that "morning call" REGULARLY! it was annoying!
kesian u babes.. hugs.. :)
Poor Fets! *big hug*
Post a Comment