Raffiz is possibly my bestest male Malaysian bestfriend!! Wow Raffiz, aren't you terharu? I've declared it to the 'whole' entire world!! lol
Anyhow...
The first time I met Raffiz was 4 years ago, I was in first year. The first few weeks in Dundee, an afternoon whilst my flatmates and I were watching Hollyoaks. Someone knocked on our door. None of us expected any visitors. What a surprise it was for me to be told that a guy was looking for me!! Hehehe... So up I went to the door, and there stood Raffiz, in a t-shirt and a cap, looking rather puzzled himself. He came to my flat to relay a message from one of the Malaysian girls!! It was rather odd I tell you, but ahh well, that is my first memory of Raffiz.
Back in first year first semester, my weekends were always spent with Rizal. I hung out with his circle of friends = Shidi mostly!! This involves me trekking up to Airlie Place, menaluring, then go away and 'played' snooker and come back and more menaluring.
As it is, the world is small, and Raffiz is Shidi's flatmate!!! Raffiz was always a 'snob' and never really did spend a lot of time with us... So yeah, I'd say hello to him, eat his foodstash but essentially hung out with Rizal and Shidi...
And I remember the FIRST time I actually spent a long-ish stretch of time with Raffiz was a couple of days prior to my FIRST exam in Dundee. I came up to Raffiz and told him to teach me everything I was supposed to know for my exam!! I don't think he was impressed ;p
Then fast forward to second year... Somehow, I didn't see a lot of Raffiz, albeit us living on the same road (granted it's a very long road)... But, that didn't stop me from inviting myself to his house for hari raya!! Hahaha!!!
Then my third year in uni... Christmas holidays... And I decided to just go to rumah Shidi to pay him a visit... And I was in for a shock because EVERYONE was at his place, like literally every single melayu undergrad who stayed in Dundee was in Shidi's crib!! His place is always THE place to hang out. It's just so homily cosy!! =) [Shidi, we miss you lots!!!]
And that was when I picked up the 'friendship' I had with si Raffiz. Somehow, I had already thought we were good mates and he was cool enough to play along with me... And we started texting which led to our first phone call!! Which was soooo awkward!!! Muahaha!!! I am not such a phone person, and to speak to Raffiz on the phone was just odd!! lol...
Anyway, then my fourth year, lots of time spent with Raffiz (and the gang) and it seems so surreal that Raffiz will be leaving Dundee to go back to Malaysia to get married off to Melisa (Congratulations!!) and to work there!!! I cried the moment I found out Raffiz was leaving the UK for good!! How pathetic am I? The guys found it hilarious!! I was properly saddened!!
So yeah, four years of good memories with Raffiz... A Malaysian who has picked up a lot of Bruneian phrases and is able to say it with the proper Brunei accent. A cool geeky doctor. And ofcourse, one of the bestest friend I can ask for!!
And to just mention all the other important people in Fetty's world in Dundee, who will be leaving me at the end of this educational year...
Rizal - dood!! you were there since first year!!! And you're leaving too!!! To be with your wife: the Golf!! When you are actually getting married, you better be inviting me man!! Kalau inda, inda cool to yaawww!! I will definitely miss your guitaring, your craziness (who will I go off the rails with now?) and people watching with you!!!
Ka Nonie - you were there from second year!!! I think I will actually miss listening to your medical stories, your Belinda and you stories and I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I might even miss your BoyBand stories ;p And most of all, I'll miss the hugs I get off you when I'm feeling low...
Hedzril - well, you're there since my fourth year... But, an integral part in Fetty's world ;p Will miss you and your columns!! And your random speak... I'll miss you!!
You lot BEST keep in touch with me, even if it's just a one word text once a month!!! Or even if it's just a text to tell me what you have eaten that day ;p Pokoknya, I will miss you guys a one helluvalot!! What will my world be like next year 'ey?
Anyhow...
The first time I met Raffiz was 4 years ago, I was in first year. The first few weeks in Dundee, an afternoon whilst my flatmates and I were watching Hollyoaks. Someone knocked on our door. None of us expected any visitors. What a surprise it was for me to be told that a guy was looking for me!! Hehehe... So up I went to the door, and there stood Raffiz, in a t-shirt and a cap, looking rather puzzled himself. He came to my flat to relay a message from one of the Malaysian girls!! It was rather odd I tell you, but ahh well, that is my first memory of Raffiz.
Back in first year first semester, my weekends were always spent with Rizal. I hung out with his circle of friends = Shidi mostly!! This involves me trekking up to Airlie Place, menaluring, then go away and 'played' snooker and come back and more menaluring.
As it is, the world is small, and Raffiz is Shidi's flatmate!!! Raffiz was always a 'snob' and never really did spend a lot of time with us... So yeah, I'd say hello to him, eat his foodstash but essentially hung out with Rizal and Shidi...
And I remember the FIRST time I actually spent a long-ish stretch of time with Raffiz was a couple of days prior to my FIRST exam in Dundee. I came up to Raffiz and told him to teach me everything I was supposed to know for my exam!! I don't think he was impressed ;p
Then fast forward to second year... Somehow, I didn't see a lot of Raffiz, albeit us living on the same road (granted it's a very long road)... But, that didn't stop me from inviting myself to his house for hari raya!! Hahaha!!!
Then my third year in uni... Christmas holidays... And I decided to just go to rumah Shidi to pay him a visit... And I was in for a shock because EVERYONE was at his place, like literally every single melayu undergrad who stayed in Dundee was in Shidi's crib!! His place is always THE place to hang out. It's just so homily cosy!! =) [Shidi, we miss you lots!!!]
And that was when I picked up the 'friendship' I had with si Raffiz. Somehow, I had already thought we were good mates and he was cool enough to play along with me... And we started texting which led to our first phone call!! Which was soooo awkward!!! Muahaha!!! I am not such a phone person, and to speak to Raffiz on the phone was just odd!! lol...
Anyway, then my fourth year, lots of time spent with Raffiz (and the gang) and it seems so surreal that Raffiz will be leaving Dundee to go back to Malaysia to get married off to Melisa (Congratulations!!) and to work there!!! I cried the moment I found out Raffiz was leaving the UK for good!! How pathetic am I? The guys found it hilarious!! I was properly saddened!!
So yeah, four years of good memories with Raffiz... A Malaysian who has picked up a lot of Bruneian phrases and is able to say it with the proper Brunei accent. A cool geeky doctor. And ofcourse, one of the bestest friend I can ask for!!
And to just mention all the other important people in Fetty's world in Dundee, who will be leaving me at the end of this educational year...
Rizal - dood!! you were there since first year!!! And you're leaving too!!! To be with your wife: the Golf!! When you are actually getting married, you better be inviting me man!! Kalau inda, inda cool to yaawww!! I will definitely miss your guitaring, your craziness (who will I go off the rails with now?) and people watching with you!!!
Ka Nonie - you were there from second year!!! I think I will actually miss listening to your medical stories, your Belinda and you stories and I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I might even miss your BoyBand stories ;p And most of all, I'll miss the hugs I get off you when I'm feeling low...
Hedzril - well, you're there since my fourth year... But, an integral part in Fetty's world ;p Will miss you and your columns!! And your random speak... I'll miss you!!
You lot BEST keep in touch with me, even if it's just a one word text once a month!!! Or even if it's just a text to tell me what you have eaten that day ;p Pokoknya, I will miss you guys a one helluvalot!! What will my world be like next year 'ey?
Best wishes and good luck, I love you all!!!
xx
![]() |
| Bye guys!! |

2 comments:
Goodbyes suck :(
I dont know about you but if it was me, id be having random bouts of sadness here and there. but fets, there's exams to think about, so no sad-sad ok? *hugs*
having an emotional blogs expresses yourself :) and what you are... this entry is good.
I dont think you'll ever forget your uni friends as you share a lot... and have gone through a lot...
but... there are times when you need to let go... especially when people change and you no longer click...
not to be morbid... enough of the 'other' side... so... cherish, treasure but move on...
Post a Comment