1. Pengkongkong
Over the weekend, I tersasul-ed and said pengkongkong rather than pengongkong!!! That made Rizal, Lizzy and Hedz ketawa tebahak-bahak laughing at my talurness and choice of word!! Anyway, the conversation was about being kongkong-ed... We don't want to be kongkong-ed... D'OH!!
Then this morning, I thought of pengkongkong and then randomly thought of Akong!! The memory that came to mind was, upon arriving in Labuan, I'd run across the road into Akong's shop and burst into his office and say hi!! Guess I was subconciously missing him.. maybe..?
2. Mandarin
Last week, midwives asked me if I speak Mandarin. Answer = NO! On Saturday, this Mandarin speaking doctor and I went to see this Mandarin speaking only patient. Doc communicated well (as far as I can tell) and everything went well. Until she had to go away and get a senior doctor..
I was left in the bedspace with these two mandarin speaking parents and their baby. They looked anxious. I thought I'd be nice and I told them to sit. And, I chose to say it in mandarin!! "Ni cho ah" I must have said it perfectly, because both parents understood me and sat. They then started speaking mandarin to me.. To which I reacted by shrugging my shoulders. Then continued talking to me and all I could say was "I don't understand mandarin" with body language which I thought helped. It didn't!! So I had to say "Wo pu chi tau Mandarin" and they just stared at me.. HAHAHA... there goes my 'perfect' mandarin speaking accent...
I am not a chinese, and I don't speak Mandarin.
And, if you don't know the language, don't even say a phrase you know! lol
3. Morning off
Yes guys, I have the morning off!! Feels so good!!!
4. Work to do
LOTS!! Argh!!!
Requiring hugs,
xx
Over the weekend, I tersasul-ed and said pengkongkong rather than pengongkong!!! That made Rizal, Lizzy and Hedz ketawa tebahak-bahak laughing at my talurness and choice of word!! Anyway, the conversation was about being kongkong-ed... We don't want to be kongkong-ed... D'OH!!
Then this morning, I thought of pengkongkong and then randomly thought of Akong!! The memory that came to mind was, upon arriving in Labuan, I'd run across the road into Akong's shop and burst into his office and say hi!! Guess I was subconciously missing him.. maybe..?
2. Mandarin
Last week, midwives asked me if I speak Mandarin. Answer = NO! On Saturday, this Mandarin speaking doctor and I went to see this Mandarin speaking only patient. Doc communicated well (as far as I can tell) and everything went well. Until she had to go away and get a senior doctor..
I was left in the bedspace with these two mandarin speaking parents and their baby. They looked anxious. I thought I'd be nice and I told them to sit. And, I chose to say it in mandarin!! "Ni cho ah" I must have said it perfectly, because both parents understood me and sat. They then started speaking mandarin to me.. To which I reacted by shrugging my shoulders. Then continued talking to me and all I could say was "I don't understand mandarin" with body language which I thought helped. It didn't!! So I had to say "Wo pu chi tau Mandarin" and they just stared at me.. HAHAHA... there goes my 'perfect' mandarin speaking accent...
I am not a chinese, and I don't speak Mandarin.
And, if you don't know the language, don't even say a phrase you know! lol
3. Morning off
Yes guys, I have the morning off!! Feels so good!!!
4. Work to do
LOTS!! Argh!!!
Requiring hugs,
xx
2 comments:
War said she can't comment, being a saddo that I am, I'm gonna see if I can comment on my own post ;p
Hahaha. Guess why I can't comment. Or at least thought I can't. I've been using the wrong username everywhere in the blogger world. Ku pikirtah salah blogger.
Anyway, aku kecalian your attempt at speaking Mandarin ah. Haha. ;P
Post a Comment