Monday, February 26, 2007

Seriously...

I'm in uni at the moment.. just had my somewhat routine 'Cheese and Tomato Panini' lunch... Although today, they ran out of diet coke, so I had sprite instead, so I sort of feel the sugar rushing in my veins!!! NOT a good thing!!! I'm sure the boys are glad they aren't around me right this moment ;p

Anyhow... This has to be short as I've got a clinic like thing to go to in 20 mins.. Woohoo... ;p

I am aware that I say the word serious wayyyy too often, both in English and in Malay conversations! In English, I say SERIOUSLY? or SERIOUSLY! (depending on the context)... and it tends to be SERIOUSLY Grey's Anatomy style MOST times!!! Like OMG!!!

Then... When I'm conversing in Malay, especially with my Malaysian gang... I HEAR myself saying SIRIUS? Purely Malaysian style!!! What is up with me?! I'm being Malaysian-ised!! hehehe... However, I'm proud to say, I can now sort of speak BASIC semanunjung KL speak...

"Awak dekat mane ni?" as compared to "Kau di mana ni?" which no one understood when I first said it... Learning the word DEKAT which roughly equates to MANA has been very useful!!!

When I visited Fiz, I saw Fidod in Fiz's living room, and as I was speaking to him, I realised I was speaking semanunjung speak compared to just plain English.. (Clear sign I have been Malaysianiesd ;p)

And in all seriousness, the sirius Malaysian style has not just infected me.. It has infected Fiz too (a Bruneian living with three other Malaysian girls!)... She texted me in Malay and somewhere in the middle it had "Serious?" I burst into a fit of laughter when I read it... We're in the same boat Fiz!! lol

What's the one word you tend to use too much of? I've got a pool of words I tend to 'recycle'... I'll give you a chance to guess what they are before revealing it to you lot... ;p

Seriously though, this serious malarkey needs to stop!!! Hehehe...



From Edinburgh Gam...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn realise 'serius' was a msian word...i think aku cakap sama si wana cematu dulu. anywaaaay for me, aku cakap msian only cos durang either (1) ketawakan bahasa brunei or (2) durang inda paham if aku cakap brunei and i have to repeat, which for both gets tiring after awhile.

love fiz

Anonymous said...

i look so cool doing the manager thing..hahaha..decided to be anonymous dis time ard..

Anonymous said...

i think ive fallen inluv wif my 'wee-friend'. Nyesal tak asked for her number!hahahha

xXxLizZy

FR said...

Hey Fiz.. I don't know if it's Malaysian, but when I say it in MAlay, it sounds like a MAlaysian thing to me ;p

Hedz!! You look cool ALL the time ;p

Lizzie, you should have asked for her number!! lol

Anonymous said...

muahahaha- malaysianised!! now u know we have this top secret government project to malaysianise all bruneians! or else why they send so many of us over here for ? ;)- nazimah :P