I should be sleeping.. but heck.. I'm gonna write something..
How honest can you be before you become brutally honest? And when do you know when you're brutally honest to the point that the other person can't tolerate it? Difficult difficult question!! And I'm possibly NOT the best person to ask because I'm known as being brutally honest.. Although I think I'm getting better... You won't get away for being an arse, but I'm not going to tell you that you smell if I have just gotten to know you (well except maybe if I've decided that I'm never going to like you ;p) Generally though, I think I've mellowed down. If you can't tolerate me now, then you would have been crying after every encounter you had with me years ago ;p
Anyhow... As everyone will probably know... I hang out with the boys a lot in Dundee.. because 1. they're fun 2. they're not boring 3. they treat me like a person 4. good chat 5. they eat lots!! (Well maybe except Raffiz. I trump Raffiz anytime anyday when it comes to eating ;p)
But... the problem with being with the boys all the time is that they tend to forget the fact that I'm a girl!!! (Really guys, I am ;p) I probably have to start compensating by wearing PINK all the time from head to toe and making my voice more high pitched than it already is (This doesn't work though... Because all they then do is mimic me, or worse yet is ignore me as all they hear is white noise)
Anyhow... Back to being brutally honest... I had a conversation with them boys about eyebags and how to make it less obvious etc.. Being the only girl in the direct circle, they asked ME the question (I'm not the best person to answer these sort of questions because self beautifying etc isn't exactly my forte...) Anyhow, I told them what I did know... The existence of eye gels/creams, eye concealers etc... Only then to have one of them boys say "A-ah. Eyebag awak agak besar juge ye Fet" straight to my face... (Translation: Your eyebags are quite big aren't they Fetty?) Without any hesitation... That kept me dumbfounded for a couple of milliseconds. It doesn't matter how good a friend you are with a girl, you NEVER ever tell her she's got huge obvious ugly eyebags! NEVER I tell you ;p
I can tolerate it when close guy friends tell me I'm 'berisi' (chubby) and heavy (yes.. they tell me this too =( boo) but big eyebags.. Somehow I physically and mentally just can't.. (drama much? ;p)
Anyway.... Being berisi - one of my guy friends (who will remain anon) is telling me to shed some weight off!!! Like seriously? Am I THAT repulsive? Must I be stick thin before someone starts seeing me as being remotely attractive? Sigh... When this begins to affect my thinking more, I'm going to go full throttle with the losing weight and looking anoerexic mission... But for now, I live to eat!!! I can fast during ramadhan, but if I had a choice, I'd rather NOT!!! I kesian all those people who can't afford to eat... Those who eat only to survive living in this world. And I feel even MORE sorry for those out there who feel like they MUST be stick thin to keep being in the attractive division of women. Counting calories on food packets? Starving oneself in the name of looking pretty? SAD!! And I hope NEVER to be that way... Even after multiple trauma of being accused fat and ugly by those close to me!! ;p And when I am more well to do than I am now, I shall remember to be more generous towards food charity. Everyone deserves to eat. Whether it is eating to live, or living to eat.
So yes... when is being honest being brutally honest?
How honest can you be before you become brutally honest? And when do you know when you're brutally honest to the point that the other person can't tolerate it? Difficult difficult question!! And I'm possibly NOT the best person to ask because I'm known as being brutally honest.. Although I think I'm getting better... You won't get away for being an arse, but I'm not going to tell you that you smell if I have just gotten to know you (well except maybe if I've decided that I'm never going to like you ;p) Generally though, I think I've mellowed down. If you can't tolerate me now, then you would have been crying after every encounter you had with me years ago ;p
Anyhow... As everyone will probably know... I hang out with the boys a lot in Dundee.. because 1. they're fun 2. they're not boring 3. they treat me like a person 4. good chat 5. they eat lots!! (Well maybe except Raffiz. I trump Raffiz anytime anyday when it comes to eating ;p)
But... the problem with being with the boys all the time is that they tend to forget the fact that I'm a girl!!! (Really guys, I am ;p) I probably have to start compensating by wearing PINK all the time from head to toe and making my voice more high pitched than it already is (This doesn't work though... Because all they then do is mimic me, or worse yet is ignore me as all they hear is white noise)
Anyhow... Back to being brutally honest... I had a conversation with them boys about eyebags and how to make it less obvious etc.. Being the only girl in the direct circle, they asked ME the question (I'm not the best person to answer these sort of questions because self beautifying etc isn't exactly my forte...) Anyhow, I told them what I did know... The existence of eye gels/creams, eye concealers etc... Only then to have one of them boys say "A-ah. Eyebag awak agak besar juge ye Fet" straight to my face... (Translation: Your eyebags are quite big aren't they Fetty?) Without any hesitation... That kept me dumbfounded for a couple of milliseconds. It doesn't matter how good a friend you are with a girl, you NEVER ever tell her she's got huge obvious ugly eyebags! NEVER I tell you ;p
I can tolerate it when close guy friends tell me I'm 'berisi' (chubby) and heavy (yes.. they tell me this too =( boo) but big eyebags.. Somehow I physically and mentally just can't.. (drama much? ;p)
Anyway.... Being berisi - one of my guy friends (who will remain anon) is telling me to shed some weight off!!! Like seriously? Am I THAT repulsive? Must I be stick thin before someone starts seeing me as being remotely attractive? Sigh... When this begins to affect my thinking more, I'm going to go full throttle with the losing weight and looking anoerexic mission... But for now, I live to eat!!! I can fast during ramadhan, but if I had a choice, I'd rather NOT!!! I kesian all those people who can't afford to eat... Those who eat only to survive living in this world. And I feel even MORE sorry for those out there who feel like they MUST be stick thin to keep being in the attractive division of women. Counting calories on food packets? Starving oneself in the name of looking pretty? SAD!! And I hope NEVER to be that way... Even after multiple trauma of being accused fat and ugly by those close to me!! ;p And when I am more well to do than I am now, I shall remember to be more generous towards food charity. Everyone deserves to eat. Whether it is eating to live, or living to eat.
So yes... when is being honest being brutally honest?
12 comments:
wow... weee bibob... well done...
you dont have to be stick thin to be attrative darling... you are already a beautiful lady.... with the warm and sincere heart that you have... you are caring and fun to have around.... so bibob.... dont bother those who commented on your physical look... coz they(yes those who commented) are narrow minded... idiots and stupid pigs who are just stereotyping women.... they are jerks/bombos babes.... hahaha
and it is so obvious they have no life than commenting on other people when they dont realise sometimes people who are bigger than their likings lives a hapier life than they do!!!
so cheer up ok bibobs.... just slap they face once and you will feel better....
hahaha take care dearest.
hey babes,
been there with my lads(i.e. dnol, sukri etc). they never realised that they made comments that might hurt because they dont see us as gals. They see us as one of them. boys usually made comments and laugh it off and because they see u as once of them i.e. boy they wouldnt think this might have hurt!
tell u what, the next time they made comments abt u, hit thier back and tell them off. They will get the hint. At least my lads does!
Good luck. ;)
hehehe... well, kaka nana, im not terribly upset by these friendly comments, as Mardi said it... it's because they see me as one of them boys! lol...
But yeah.. it's just slightly disturbing to think that the whole entire world might be thinking that only stick thin girls are pretty.. that is what i'm disturbed about ;p
hey fetts!
i ws quite surprise to learn that one of the boys made such an awful comment. but fetts, i dont thnk he/they did it on purpose, ie i dont thnk they wud say that if they knew it wud hurt ur feelings lyk dis. they're just being boys. we boys are horrible creatures ;p ... i mean, we dont give compliments all dat well, n we like to kutuk ppl instead. u wont c us going 'hey, hensem la u hari ni' lol... n i totally agree wif da 2nd comment ( by Mardi ?), dat we treat u lyk one of us. dats y u nvr knew dat we all think u r very cute n attractive, warm, caring n funny and absolutely fun to be around (just as kaka nana put it ;p) why else do u thnk we love spending time wif u. and no fets, i wudnt want to change u a bit. we lyk u just the way u are!
p/s: i thnk this cud make my mission to persuade u 2 go 2 old trafford wif us a more difficult task than i initially anticipate.. sigh, i hope not!
Aww~ I like what the 3rd anonymous said. Sweet to comment like that lah. And what's this with Old Trafford? Can I tag along? Haha.
Btw, why don't people write their names?
because i knw who they r... ;p
I don't! I want to know who gave you the sweet comment and such. Hehe.
two of my guy friends keep on telling me that im fat!! It makes me geram, paranoid and conscious brabis...but thats way better than having them complimenting how pretty or attractive you are.
When i voice my paranoia to one of them, he said exactly what the 3rd anonymous said...'we are just being boys'.
And yes, it is disturbing when guys only define skinny thin girls as pretty. They can be shallow sometimes. hehe.
all my female friends say im very good looking.. :p not..
For you War, I shall expose the third anon ;p It's Raffiz...
And Bals... if my guy friend were to compliment me, I'd be out of place.. that's true.. lol... but like I said, I can't tolerate eye bag remarks. Muahaha ;p
And Yus.. you are good looking! You didn't need your female friends to tell you that ;p LOL
hello fetts!!! wow, an interesting post u have here..u r indeed honest and open.. havent been checking people's blog for a while.. decided to read people's blog before updating mine.. btw, think i have some idea of from whom the rather offensive comment came from..and also where and when:D(i might be wrong) all i want to say is, raffizi has a point..when guys feel comfortable being with a female friend, they tend to not say too much of good things coz it just doesnt sound rite...it doesnt mean we think u as one of us guys, its more like an unspoken rule that we guys apply in friendship..dont know abt other people, but im not gonna tell my best friend he/she is really pretty/hensem...and yes, we dont want u to change a bit..if u do, u'll be boring..huhu..(although u might want to speak bit slower and give me few seconds to process bruneian words in my head);P(have to admit im getting good at it) had fun talking to my msian friend in somewhere2 in bruneian malay. and i totally agree with u that the love for food is a way of showing how grateful we r with our wellbeing(did u said dat or did i just made dat up?) speaking of which, its something ive been doing lately and i love it..food is my best friend nowadays, and in few month time no one can call me skinny nemore..heheh
the eye bags rnt really funny..but im definitely sure he never meant it...u can always have a go on him later2..hehe
wow, panjang brabis comment ani ya??:P
Wow Hedz!!! You commented!!! Well proud of you!!! =)
And, I got an insight into your head!! muahaha!!!
anyway, i think you SHOULD tell your bestfriend that they are hensem or lawa every now and then... it'll show that you do care! =) and yes, i'm trying to slow down when I speak to you! Also, food should be everyone's best friend!!! And I shall be the judge if you should be labelled skinny ;p
And LOVING the Bruneian-ness at the end!!! =) Very proud of you!!! =) When I was in Leicester this weekend, I found myself speaking KL speak to the Malaysians... *oh no!!!* ;p
Post a Comment