Thursday, February 01, 2007

Reminiscing

I've always enjoyed weekends eversince I was a young kid...

My typical weekend was having to wake up early on Fridays and Sundays (6am) to go swimming.. And to come back at 10am totally knackered and hungry!!! Enjoy a long nap after lunch only to wake up again to go cycling, or playing some other sort of sports..

Also I remember Sunday nights = me and my mom watching the movies malam malam... Tirai Keluarga or something!! That's quality time that! =)

An atypical weekend and equally fun would be fishing with daddy (BEST!!! I miss the sea!), or boat trips to Temburong, or visiting the grandpop in Labuan, roadtrips... etc etc...

Then as I grew, I quit swimming.. and fun atypical weekends decreased in numbers as my weekends were filled with tuitions which later became my source of 'social life'... Form five was horrible!! I started Fridays with a 7.30am tuition and it ended at 9pm when my last tuition ended!!! Boo!!!

Then fast forward to Bedford days - Weekends = either staying in or training it to London to visit Ka Jack. Also fun fun eating times... We had a 'tradition' - Bruneian Girls monthly Saffron night out =) 'Miss Brunei' lol!

Then Dundee years - I don't go to London as much as I did of course!!! Too freaking far and too freaking pricey!!! First year, I'd be spending every other weekend with Rizal, Shidi and Raffiz!!! Then second year, I was always with Munster and Zakiah and NB. Third year, Munster left... Still hung out with Rizal Shidi Raffiz Nizam Hedzril Zakiah and NB and now fourth year, I'm spending my weekends with everyone.. including those in Perth.

Next year though will be a completly different picture!! Most of those people are leaving me!!! Rizal, Zakiah = Going back to Brunei for good (Good for them)
Shidi = Going back to KL
Raffiz = Moving somewhere.. either back to KL or somewhere else in UK
Hedzril = hoping to move to London
Emma = going back to N. Ireland
Perth gang = going back!!

Like OMG!!! I'm not gonna have anymore friends except NB and Nizam Sari!!! So yes.. future in Dundee looks bleak!!! My first year gang are all leaving me (Rizal Shidi and Raffiz). My footie gang will be non-existent. And I'm gonna be stuck in Dundee!!! Sigh.. sedih!!! So, to those who feel sorry for me, come visit me!! Come study in Dundee. It's where you'd like to be... It's a brilliant place for making great friends!!! I'm going to miss you lot!!! xox

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fets....Your old-time weekend sounds like wat i'd want to have when all this crazy studying is over...boo hoo....makes me wanna go home more now...

Apprentice educator said...

i loveddd tirai keluarga. eventhough the movies balik2 tpi siuk! and it was truly a family bonding time =)

Anonymous said...

aku pun suka tirai keluarga!! well not suka-suka;...but liked it becos it was family time.... sitting in front of tv, watching random stuf.... nice.

fets, *HUGS* u still have ur medic friends!

love, fiz

FR said...

Hey Ki!! I'd like my old-time weekends too!!! nda lagi lama you go home.. so hang in there =)

Fiz and Wana = Tirai keluarga is the wayy to go!! heheh =) although I used to always fall asleep.. because it used to always be past my personal bed time.. and news back then made me sleep.. hold on, news STILL make me sleep ;p

And Fiz.. I don't truly spend my weekends with my medic friends.. I'm losing my friends outwith Medicine!!! Boo =( I shall be strong.. I shall just cry bit by bit.. Before totally losing it!! Muahaha ;p

Anonymous said...

Muahahaha!!! We are goin back soon.. nyeh nyeh!! i am truly gonna miss u because u r cool!! Miss you oredy.. come to perth soon!! lama dah ku nda nampak ko.. hehe!

War186 said...

Awww. Make new friends! Easier said than done heh.

FR said...

hi Lep!! I will go to Perth soon.. ISH.. lol... I'm gonna miss your year lah.. kamu pun cool abis! hehehe =)

And War.. I'm dreadful at making new friends ;p