That's the one line I got off Ugly Betty.. the new series airing in the UK, won two Golden Globe awards (one for best actress - America someone.. who apparently one of my sisters resembles? ;p) and which most Astro watchers go, "ooo.. yang macam blablabla (<--some spanish soap title) on astro kan..?"
Anyway... Ugly Betty, as name implies is ugly! By the standards of the kurus gilerr, no carb diet, botox all the way please, high-achievers in this company which produce a magazine called MODE? Anyhow.. I've not watched the whole of ugly betty or the spanish version but surely story would be - ugly girl, works in fashion world, eventually will become prettier, and perhaps fall in love with the owner? and tada...
I've gone wayyy off tangent... In the scene, the owner dood was telling Betty that their world is "all about appearances" and I started thinking... It isn't just the fashion world.. it's THE world... Everyone who says they don't care about how they look is surely lying! I cannot believe that you don't care... You might not care how people think you look like, but you care in yourself what you look like.. Am I making sense?
Why does appearance matter ALL that much? Funny isn't it? Why do people go to such extent to have the right hair do, the right shoes, the right underwear, the right scarf etc etc? Does looking/dressing well signify anything? Except maybe you've got good taste in clothes? And does having good appearance mean being able to dress yourself in the most IN thing and the most priciest thing you can afford? What is it?
I have to admit, I sometimes judge people (sometimes a bit too soon, and perhaps rather harshly too) from their appearance... I'd deduce what type of person they are, what they'd be like and in hospital what type of doctors they are, or what type of students they are/were, what type of person they are when they are outside uni and being drunk and the list goes on... Why do I do this? Do you do this? I know I'm supposed to be non-judgemental.. but we do judge!!!
Hmmph.. I'm going nowhere with this post.. I've lost the plot!!! It's 0045 on Sunday. I'm tired after a long sociable day (Hair cut, brunch with Esther, then off to town, drinks with Fiona and Rendang night at my place...) and I hope to play futsal with the boys later at 1000.. So yes.. my brain is fried... I don't make sense and it's allowed.
Appearances, what do you think of it all?
Anyway... Ugly Betty, as name implies is ugly! By the standards of the kurus gilerr, no carb diet, botox all the way please, high-achievers in this company which produce a magazine called MODE? Anyhow.. I've not watched the whole of ugly betty or the spanish version but surely story would be - ugly girl, works in fashion world, eventually will become prettier, and perhaps fall in love with the owner? and tada...
I've gone wayyy off tangent... In the scene, the owner dood was telling Betty that their world is "all about appearances" and I started thinking... It isn't just the fashion world.. it's THE world... Everyone who says they don't care about how they look is surely lying! I cannot believe that you don't care... You might not care how people think you look like, but you care in yourself what you look like.. Am I making sense?
Why does appearance matter ALL that much? Funny isn't it? Why do people go to such extent to have the right hair do, the right shoes, the right underwear, the right scarf etc etc? Does looking/dressing well signify anything? Except maybe you've got good taste in clothes? And does having good appearance mean being able to dress yourself in the most IN thing and the most priciest thing you can afford? What is it?
I have to admit, I sometimes judge people (sometimes a bit too soon, and perhaps rather harshly too) from their appearance... I'd deduce what type of person they are, what they'd be like and in hospital what type of doctors they are, or what type of students they are/were, what type of person they are when they are outside uni and being drunk and the list goes on... Why do I do this? Do you do this? I know I'm supposed to be non-judgemental.. but we do judge!!!
Hmmph.. I'm going nowhere with this post.. I've lost the plot!!! It's 0045 on Sunday. I'm tired after a long sociable day (Hair cut, brunch with Esther, then off to town, drinks with Fiona and Rendang night at my place...) and I hope to play futsal with the boys later at 1000.. So yes.. my brain is fried... I don't make sense and it's allowed.
Appearances, what do you think of it all?

Product of my haircut...
"I'd like to keep the length please, but I'd like a bit of volume at the top"
Verdict?
I quite like it.. but we'll see after I get the chance to cuci rambut and see if it falls in place.. lol
3 comments:
Awuuuu it looks nice!!!! i like! and fets....(just to keep the 'its all about appearence/keeping vanity going') did u lose weight? and did u do something to ur eyes?? heh
Yes, you look different. You wore eye makeup, right? Hehe.
hehehe bibob.... mcm Ah Ching!!!!! lawa!!!!
Post a Comment