Monday, October 02, 2006

My first floor neighbour

I finally got to know my first floor neighbour!!!

I had invited the Bruneian girls and my friend Emma to have sungkai at my place yesterday... I did Ka Jack's ever so nyaman chicken pasta bake! Yum!!! Anyway.. since the buzzer into my flat doesn't work, everyone has to either gimme a missed call, or knock on my window (i live on ground floor) so I can buzz them in.

30 mins before I told the girls to come, I had a huge banging sound on my window!!! I was surprised.. buzzed the person in, and when no one appeared in my flat, I opened my door... Only to see this SCARY looking lady in the hallway.. For a second I thought, "crap, I've let a drunken junkie in!"

But.. it wasn't a drunken junkie... This scary and may I add weird looking lady introduced herself as Julie, the lady from first floor. She wanted to borrow my landline because her phone upstairs isn't working... Since my brain wasn't working and I had people calling me on my mobile, I let Julie in (and she was just proper looking around) and asked her what it was she wanted... She borrowed the whole phone piece and the cable which plugs into the wall...

Anyway.. before I met Julie, I've always thought it was a guy staying above me.. Because.. every weekend, the floorboards CREAK!!! and as a consequence, I can't quite have my sleep ins!!! it's annoying!!! I thought maybe dood upstairs is doing some exercise or something... I hate this bunyi bunyi! But I can still tolerate it.. Plus I'm never always in at 10am... Tapi if it goes on like this bising.. I now know who the culprit is.. and I can complain to her face on a first name basis - Julie!!! I'll just have to gather up my courage and face the scary, weird looking lady who banged on my window just so she could borrow my landline!

4 comments:

Apprentice educator said...

wow fetts mun aku tungkal ku kali with the sight og your neighbour. huhu. i'd probly thought she was just pretending to borrow my phone and masuk rumah to look at potential stuff to steal.. hmm.. i think im just being negatip! huhu!!!!

War186 said...

Scary and you let her borrow your landline? Heh kesian pulang.

Anonymous said...

she gave it back?

FR said...

yeah.. it did seem like she was eyeing my valuables.. ;p but ofcourse i dont have much of that...

and yeah, she returned my landline.. she said her landline isnt working, so she has to call BT to sort it out..

As I type, I can hear her voice speaking away into the phone... mobile? landline fixed perhaps.. ;p