Perhaps not as exciting as ones you can get in Brunei.. The various sungkai offers from various restaurants, the yummy food you get from the gerais... But, I do get a fair share of sungkai offers here as well...
FREE sungkai or iftar as they call it here at the prayer room on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Monday and Thursday being RICE DAY = like nasi minyak, with chicken or lamb with potatoes... it's sort of like a briyana but without the colour and not that much flavouring to it.. but it's still yummy.. years of this rice, and i'm still liking it ;p Wednesday is pizza day... so lots of different pizzas. Tuesday = bring your own dish... So girls will just take in random various things they've cooked =)
FREE berbuka puase = courtesy of the Malaysians... There's one today.. and it's pot luck, but I'm only bringing drinks! =) I can't cook for 25++ people, and I'm not going to attempt...
Sungkai invites or Iftar parties = when people invite you over to their place for sungkai and yum.. all you do is eat!! I had 2 invites so far.. so hoping for more ;p
And masak sendiri.. make your own dish for your own self.. ;p
So yeah.. not as much offers as it is in Brunei.. but it'll do...
Someone mentioned gerai sungkais in their blog, and I was trying to remember what it was like... What I do remember of it is group of kids being 'cool' wearing baggy seluars and looking gothic like buying sungkais! This is of course 6 puasas ago... it has been that long since I've been to a gerai ramadhan...
3 comments:
Kids nowadays you don't wanna know. Come to think of it I haven't been to the gerais heh. Malas bah too crowded. I do miss the atmosphere. I like it especially when I see people I know. That's the whole point, really. Hehe. :)
at least ada sungkai offers at all... i dun haf any=( heh... we used to haf free Iftar everyday at the masjid in dunedin... here i dunno.. m confined to the hospital..sedih ah? heheh... n i think im supposed to b on acutes dis weekend...but dududu.. lets jus pretend i duno ya...=P
p.s. i've been checking my mailbox jua...but nothing=( thought it has been a while since u told me abt d letter...hmm..
ya i havent been to the main gerai at the stadium.. there are a couple of gerais about near here anyway..
Post a Comment