Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Especially for Rebbe

After telling everyone my 'secret' on how to stuff my face with food.. I shall now attempt to tell you how to lose weight... If you are smart, you will stop reading now because I'm one of the last person on earth who you would want to learn how to lose weight from...

However, if you still wish to listen to my tips, then read on... If your name is Rebbe.. you have NO choice but to read on as this is especially for you ;p

I do not have a problem with my weight (honest ;p) but I think, like most people, I wouldn't mind losing a bit of weight... I've got people telling me I've got a body image complex, but I know that is rubbish!! I don't!!! I have a healthy appetite ;p and I've maintained my current weight for 6 years now...

I shall list all (the ones I can think of) methods of losing weight...

  1. Exercise - a lil bit of a duh statement! But then as you exercise more, you build your muscle mass, so surely we gain weight?
  2. Calorie counting? I've got no idea how to do this. But I think you've got books which tell you how many calories food have.. And you calculate the amount of food or rather the amount of calories you eat per day.. and keep it low as possible.. From experience, I see people become obsessed on calculating! And I always feel bad for eating a whole pack of twix whilst they stare at me.. But I don't succumb to peer pressure.. I finish my twix ;p
  3. Diet food - I can't think of the names.. but u know how we can get all those diet ready packaged meals, breakfast bars, energy bars.. etc etc.. uhuh.. SlimFast amongst some of them. I don't know how well they work, but I imagine it will kill your bank account!
  4. Crash dieting - NEVER a gd idea!!!
  5. Soup diet - I know a girl who swears by this... She says it's a healthy option! I beg to differ.. She loses at least 3kg in 2 weeks!!! I don't think that's healthy..But.. the diet works by eating (or drinking.. watever!) soup only for 2 weeks!!
  6. All other well known diets!! Atkin's diet pops into my mind!!! Interesting diet huh? Hehehe...
  7. Diet groups - my flatmate used to join one of them things... She says it was good.. So yeah.. if you think you've got extra money and extra time, then go join a group
  8. Do not eat carbs after 1800hours - Really? then when can we have our late nasi katoks?
  9. And lots more..
I guess.. the most obvious of all is to EAT less.. There's no point in not eating.. Because that's stupid! Eat whatever you normally eat, but lessen your portion. Always use up more energy rather than eating it (Therefore exercise) More output than input...

And important to remember - Do not go overboard!!! Sure everyone will say you look good after losing some weight.. Don't be excessive and lose another 20kg!!! And also, I think... Just make sure that you don't gain any excessive weight...

Anyhow.. you want to be in a healthy BMI range (about 21-24)... Calculate your BMI by dividing your weight in kg (W) by your height in metre (H) squared. BMI = W/H /H. Then.. this doesn't always work.. (refer to tip no 1 ... muscle mass!)

If you are truly worried, go see your doctor, join a gym, see a dietician, take active control on what you do!! ;p

Rebbe: I hope that was helpful... ;p

10 comments:

Dee said...

Only soup for two weeks? :S

Well done on maintaining your current weight. I keep gaining ever since I got to the UK, so losing all the weight I've gained the past 5 years is a bit unrealistic, hehehe, unless I only have soup for three months. HAH. In this cold weather? Fat chance.

FR said...

Well.. hot soup is gd for the soul.. especially in this cold weather.. so maybe.. ;p

And thanks for congratulating me for maintaining my weight.. Jarang I hear that.. LOL.. Muahz!!!

Anonymous said...

but.. i love food! the only exercise i get nowaday is from golf.. atu pun, not really strenuous work out..

anyway thanks.. haha..

Anonymous said...

hey fets ... u writing bout dieting? u never need to anyways cos u keep so active!! simple rule about weight loss - use more energy than u eat :) its hard but when u feel hungry resist the temptation for a bit and let ur fat stores give up some energy! not for too long tho!! fasting's a good idea too ... esp since its shawwal now!! thats my trick right now :) missin u

FR said...

Golf as a sport? I don't think the golfing itself is a weight losing stamina building sport. but all the extra bits that you do for it which is..

anyway.. i love food too!!! yum!!

And Hansy!!! you've not visited iskiness in ages!!! Miss you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey i would say Energy balance is the key thing. so if u eat more, u hav got to exercise more.

Interesting facts i learnt today from my lecture esp for females out there . Your menstrual cycle affects the amt we eat on certain days. So try recalling the days u crave for chocs..this occurs during the luteal phase, where there is high in fat oxidation (instead of carbs) which means u long to hav more fatty food. which then results in weight gain (up to 1kg just for that wk, but u stil can compensate this by doing exercise)..so a better strategy is to eat more protein food. (probably true for elite athletes)

My personal advice: If u r thinking of losing weight, I'd reckon u eat high fibre food (which are low glycaemic index)in small portions thro out the day.Coz low glycaemic index food will make u feel full for longer time. Try having salad with chicken (as a source of protein)...coz protein is good..forgot the exact reason y..;p

FR said...

There you go Rebbe... a real piece of advice from our Sports Science person! =)

If only I knew a dietician.. or if a dietician can say something...

Anyway, protein is good because it has the amino acids and stuff like that.. help you regenerate.. make energy, and build muscles.. I think! HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

when's my luetal phase?

FR said...

your luteal phase...

well let's see Rebbe..

Since you are special... your luteal phase is probably all the time when you crave for boost or *insert current chocolate liking* HEHEHE

War186 said...

Hmm c Boon panjang luteal phase nya tu eh..everyday prasanku craving chocolate. Aku pulang once a month saja, pasal aku inda suka chocolate tu hehe.

I miss my basketball!

:D