Thursday, September 14, 2006

ALL that effort...

FOR NOTHING!!!

Uni has started and so has OTC.. Last Wednesday it was decided that we'd have to come in greens tonight because the CO was coming for a short visit...

Came back from uni today to IRON my greens... I HATE ironing anyway.. and when I iron my greens, I tend to be neurotic about it... (But still it's not as good as it should be ;p)

Anyhow.. decided to check my email and I'm LUCKY I did... CO isn't coming, NO greens required and I'm just going in in my clinical clothes...

I'm also lucky I didn't start on my boots just yet.. that's one thing I definitely can NOT do.. Polish my boots.. I'm crap at that...

None OTC part of life:

This week im in the Gynae Theatre and I'm LOVING it.. I LOVE the going to theatre, cutting people and 'fixing' them part of life!!! Hehehe... But, it's SO tiring!!! U stand on your two feet the WHOLE day almost (except in between patients!) and by the end of the day, ur heels are so tired and they get VERY sore!!! Besides that, I'm LOVING it!!! =)

I scrubbed in yesterday (that means I'm being sterile ;p) and I got to assist... Nothing too exciting.. but i got to hold some instruments and it made such a HUGE difference... No LONGER am I just sent to stand in a corner to watch (And most times not able to see anything).. I'm now scrubbed in, shoulder to shoulder with the surgeon, SEE something and TOUCH things... No one will be telling me "You can't touch anything green" anymore! hehehe...

6 comments:

War186 said...

Ah, all that effort for nothing! Eh you already said that. Hehe.

"I LOVE the going to theatre, cutting people and 'fixing' them part of life!!!" Ooh err. :S

Anonymous said...

greens as in army greens? CO are commanding officers no.. wah, you're in ccf or something?

Atul said...

Haha. I don't like ironing jua! They should come up with a new invention. lol

FR said...

Yeah R&al... Greens as in combats and CO as in Commanding Officer.

I'm in the OTC... that's the officer training corp. =)

And Tul, if u wanna practice ironing... my clothes ada ;p

Anonymous said...

Ur scrubs in green kh? ours is blue..heh apakan? n yes... theatre is usually only fun wen u get to scrub in n actualy see n mayb do stuff... jus standing around elsewhere n craning ur neck trying to see wats going on sungguh mengalihkan n can b bosan... im halfway thru surgery now:D balik soon!!:D

Atul said...

Hehe. I just finished ironing. Iatah teringat kan your post. So anyway.. nyeh.. I have enough practise already.. You need practise kah? Mine banyak tuuuu.. lol. Next load k?