Friday, September 01, 2006

MY 6th year!!!

At time of writing, this day today (31st august) marks the last day of the fifth year I've spent in this country!!! Yes people.. I've been in this country for five years. Lived away for five years. Been figuring myself out for five years. Known MY Bedford friends for five years. Got stuck to Fiz at the hip for 5 years.

So, what have I discovered in 5 years?

- My cousin Jackie is cool and LOVES cooking, compartmentalising and is WELL organized!
- Boarding house isn't as cool as I thought it would be. But, I still managed to keep a few VERY good friends indeed!
- Girls are BITCHES!!! (Remembering the times when they would bitch about my friends and I in a different language, but rather obviously!!!)
- HK girls are OBSESSED with being THIN!!! It's a whole culture (the 'DIET' phase a month before ANY breaks ;p)
- WALKING around can be fun (But I'd still opt for the car if I had the option)
- Paying bills is a pain in the bum!!!
- I'm not a phone person, I'm more of a texting person.
- Medics are geeks by default ;p
- The ARMY is cool
- I LOVE my family and distance DOES make the heart fonder (Not quite convinced this works in relationships though ;p)
- Brunei Hall has CHEAP food, YUCKY rooms and is EXTREMELY hot in the summer
- Nando's HALF chicken is eat-able!!! Yum!!
- Bayswater/Queensway area is Kampung Brunei ;p
- Japanese food is good
- Lee Kum Kee and Brahim food sachets are a MUST
- IKEA is GREAT
- Krispy Kreme is YUMMYLICIOUS
- Urdhu is a cool language
- I LOVE travelling
- I'm more of an organised mess type of person but could also be a neat freak for 2hours max!
- I LOVE my bags!!!
- Lacrosse is a fun sport...
- I am NOT fit
- I LOVE apple pies!!!
- I'm hopeless at cooking!!!
- learnt the word bollo**s <-- MUAHAHAH... Quantocks head girl used to say it ALL the time...
- phrases "u alright hen?" "top of the morning to you" "ken what"
- whenever in doubt of what to say to people - talk about the weather!
- I still have NO idea about when to change my clock, and when the holidays are ;p
- I still have NO proper understanding of the British politics
- and OMG i ALMOST forgot!!! Starbucks is a GOOD place!!! Personal favourite is Caramel frap, Strawberries and cream frap, white choc mocha - 2 pumps no whip and RECENTLY found out I can make it cold.. so it's ALL good!!!

So yeah... IF everything goes well (And AMIN it does!) I'm only to be in the UK for 9 years... So, I'm HALF way there!!! WOOHOO... I will be coming back to Brunei in the future to haunt everyone who hasn't had enough of me in the past 5 years (And counting ;p)

1st september.. Start of my 6th year residing in this country.. Goodluck to me.. and many more adventures to come! Whee =)

5 comments:

AlaiMidget said...

Joined to the hip with me? Whatever happens, ur not getting rid of me so easily fets! as we always say (gratefully) to each other, we only have each other here!!!! hahaha funny post, i love it. i SO agree with everything u say. altho my english semakin Leicesterian... right, so we have 3 more yrs to go? (well 4 if u wanna be all technical) we can do that fets!!!!

cheers mate, to all the future adventures to come!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anni Fets!Hrhr..n yes Fiz! U guys can do this!! Go rnBs! (eh..out sikit but im rooting for myself & the others as well). N yes Fets! Goodluck to u!!=)) Btw..i'm feeling adventurous..think karang malam i just might go to Starbucks and try one of those drinks u luv..yumm..

War186 said...

Wah 6th year! Goodluck Fets! N Fiz. N Fats jua. Hehe. Get home quick guys. Heh macam sanang bunyinya. Love and miss y'all. *hugs*

Dee said...

It's been 5 years?! Dear God. My brother's almost 10, so that means I've missed half his life!

FR said...

fiz.. we need to be technical and stick with 4 years!!! ;p And yes, English u Leicesterian, and I scare myself now when I listen to myself and I think "oh gosh, I never used to speak this way!!" Sigh..

Thanks ten!!! and u shud definitely try those drinks! they are yummylicious!

Thanks war!!! I WILL come home for good eventually! =)

Aww.. Dee.. U'll hopefully be there for the many more years to come though!!! =) and yes.. 5 years!!! 5 years since I've been ur roomie!!!