Project: Decided to do on TB, as planned.. and we've been orientated to the Pulmonology outpatient clinic area as well as the Pulmonology TB ward area! The ward is truly something! It's very different to what we get both in Brunei and in UK.. (no Doh! ;p) I will try and take a picture of the ward.. or just draw it out ;p
Met up with the associate dean (who is a very eager epidemiologist and statistician!) and he came up with a framework for our project. (He is very into his behavioural science aspect of the history taking, and I can only see my university LOVING him... ;p) that was truly appreciated! and he's also making us join the community medicine part of the course with some of the medical students! Who will then be our translators to the patients! We'll be going to the urban clinic and go to the patient's house for at least two days.
Last night was one of the best nights so far. mostly because it was part relaxing and easy... and best of all, i got a ride on Rani's motorcycle! for 20mins i was on the motorcycle from Dharwad to this restaurant near our hostel! It was amazing, albeit SCARY!!! There were a couple of times when my grip on the seat was really strong because I honestly thought we were going to be run down by something! and there were a couple of times where I thought I'd lose my legs!!! I finally got honked on the road!!
Here they honk almost all the time! Unlike Brunei where you honk to someone you know and say hi, or you honk at someone who obviously doesn't know the road rules!!!
Here, you honk to say 'I'm coming' (as in, im going to overtake you), honk to say 'there's enough space in between our vehicles (after they have overtaken you), honk to say 'get out of my way' (to everyone, anyone and any animal!) and honk everytime you reach a crossroads (what I imagine as a warning sign to any incoming cars from the other directions... to tell them that we're there!)... So yeah... basically, u hear honks all the time! I'm even starting to get immuned to the honking sounds!
Updates on our health:
No major upsets so far... No vomitting.. but yours truly has started diarhoea! I dont think it's about the 'dirty' water or cooking conditions.. It's just a matter of me getting too much roughage (so far we've been eating non-stop vegetable.. and i think it's a shock for my tummy.. so my gut is working top form ;p I also think I've had my yearly dose of vegetables - Not a huge fan of veggies ;p ) and my tummy being its sensitive self towards spicy food!!! the food have not been VERY spicy.. but my tummy isn't liking it!!! So from now on.. I'm adding yoghurt to all my food! In hope that that will milden (is there such a word) the spiciness... (How does one spell this word?)
2 comments:
hi fetsss! sounds like you're having a fun time there =D hope your diarrhoea isn't too serious. Nice stories, tell us more! Take care kay.
xx
Sheena
Cali jua all the honking they do ehhe..
i remember a couple of days ago there was this sign on a car that said, beep ur horn if u support manU or sth..so i honked n me n my friends ducked our heads n left our friend who drove to be stared at haha..ok i donno the significance of that haha ;P
yeah milden..there is such a word, as is spiciness hehe
Post a Comment