Monday, May 15, 2006

First India weekend's excitement

Date written: Monday 15th May 2006.

TIRED! tha's how I feel.. and being with a lot of people is very tiring! I miss just having my own me time in my wee flat watching tv and being online!!!

Anyway.. it's been a nightmare getting the computers! siang kami sibuk and malam berabis panjang the queue.. and the fact that the speed of the internet here is tremendously slow (slower than Brunei's dial up!!!) so sakit lah hati waiting for one window to pop up...

Saw a couple of interesting cases.. and it's all muddled up in my head!! (not a good thing ;p) and today, 'we' even spoke to some patients in the ward!! (that means Mima speaking to Hindi speaking patients, or the sister being our translater for the non-Hindi speaking patients!) So, as you can probably imagine.. communication was difficult!!! But we kinda got the answers for our really truly random waffly British questions! ;p

Since the last time I blogged:
We have been on a dreadful long drive to Dandeli! It's only 70km but it took us a bloody 3hours drive! Can you bloody believe it? OMG OMG!!! Tapi, nasib baik kami ani penyabar .. (;p) so we were fine!

Went on a safari like thing and we saw an eagle snatch a baby monkey and glided away into the forest!! and we heard the mommy monkey making noises and saw the mommy monkey swing from one tree to another attempting to catch the eagle (of course without any success!!) That was cool!!!

And we saw a herd of bisons!! never even knew they existed (i am not a fan of national geographic ;p This is THE channel when I want to fall asleep ASAP!)... Bisons are huge here in India!!!

Went white water rafting, although I must say it isn't very white water.. The rapids weren't scary at all! I think at most it was a grade 3! and we went swimming in the Kali river and that was nice!!! Cool water!!! The best bit of the white water rafting is when we body surfed against the last rapid... and we just got water splashing onto us!!! It was refreshing and I loved it! Although, this was the bit that Mima and Char hated most! I loved it!!!

Then trip back to Dharwad was again a painful 3hours!!! But we got back.. with aching muscles and feeling very tired!

Also, on Sunday, we visited Mima's aunt in Hubli, and... she insisted on talking to me in Urdu even after having been told by all the other people that the language to converse with me is ENGLISH!!! She honestly thought I understood it!!! So, all I could say was Acha (yes) all the time ;p and guessed what she meant ;p I think they found that entertaining. and they were well impressed when i said BUS (as in the transport bus) when they wanted to give me more food! (Bus means enough!)

Anyway.. that was the 'excitement' of my first weekend!!

Week Plan: Tues and Wednesday join the MBBS students in their urban clinic phase... see more TB patients, sit in with our supervisor in the Orthopaedics outpatient more (I am really amazed as to how popular this clinic is!!! Macam never ending!!!) and join him in theatre maybe and also write our essays!!! Argh!! I'm not looking forward to this bit at all! I can do without! but Dundee will absolutely kill me for not doing an essay!!! Weekend - Goa Trip.

Health status: Us girls take turn to feel under the weather!!! Touch wood I've been aight today after being feverish just the other day!! So let's hope I maintain this healthiness (lurus kah ni ejaan nya?)

Argh.. don't know when I'll post this up! because there's something wrong with the connection!!!

2 comments:

War186 said...

Kesian jua the mommy monkey she lost her baby n u thot that was cool haha! but so lucky u to see those animals..that wud be a great experience for me. sigh! :)

Anonymous said...

Fets...siok jua ur adventure. Especially the rafting bit..miss u babe