Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm in India!!!

I'm in INDIA!!! I am in the college's library to be exact! and using one of the ten computers available to all the students! Thank God they are all in their lectures now so it is EMPTY except for the three of us, Char, Umzie and I ;p Note its now Char and not Charlotte and Umzie and not Mima ;p

My Indian Journey started Thurs night really, after exams, packing etc and going to Glasgow to Mima's house. Reached there midnight and by the time sampai, we were very exhausted and went straight to bed. Friday was a busy packing and last minute present shopping for us. And Saturday, my day started at 5am!

Left the house to the airport at 7am and didn't reach Hubli until 24 hours later. a car ride to the airport (Motherwell to Edinburgh), a plane ride (Ednbrgh to Lndn Heathrow), a 3 hour wait and lunching, a 10hours plane ride (Heathrow to Bangalore), we arrived at 4.30am and it was cool at the airport! Tapi, there are LOTS and LOTS of mosquitoes! you see hundreds of them flying around you! and our luggage didn't come out of the plane till one hour later. We were picked up by Fawad and Zohra Aunty (Mima's relatives) and chatted for a couple of hours (At this point the three of us were amazingly still coherent and was able to have a conversation) before eventually 'queueing' to check in for our domestic flight. The queue was everywhere.. but that didnt really help with the system. But it was all good! Then a 2 hour flight to Hubli (we all slept through this flight and even I missed the plane food... This coming from a girl who loves plane food!)... In Hubli we were first welcomed by Rekha Aunty and Sharab Uncle and then lots of different people.. Names I can't remember but faces I might be able to identify ;p

A half hour drive to SDM (this is the name of my hospital/college.. I have no idea what it stands for, if any... yet to find out) and went to the girls hostel which is my 'home' for the next three weeks! room 202, Girl's hostel, SDM College, Dharwar, Karnatak, India.. <-- I imagine, my current address would look something like that ;p The drive: I've not had the feel of an actual Indian traffic just yet. But had a taste of the 'quiet' road yesterday! INTERESTING!!! I must say ;p

Had lunch at Saleem's parents (I don't actually know their names!) and had nice potatoes, capati, dosai! <-- nyamaner than Fathul Razak's and I love Fathul Razak's dosai ;p But after that.. we were just plain TIRED!!! Couldn't hold a conversation and each of us actually dozing off in the middle of a conversation!

So, we were sent back to our hostel (we forced them (gently) to allow us to go back), unpacked, and made a deal between the three of us not to sleep till after 6pm (8.30pm Brunei time and 1.30pm UK time)... it was really hard to just stay awake.. and none of us was listening to what the other was saying, and what was said didn't make sense either! Muahaha...

Nyaman tidur till the morning! And my first day in the hospital has been interesting! Had a tour of the hospital, a quick look at the outpatient clinic, and now, here I am.. supposedly thinking about our SPSSC titles... We think we might divert away from TB... There are lots more interesting things here!!!

Anyway, will try and keep updating you with what Medical things I'm up to.. and what touristy things I'll be doing... I can't read my tag, so if you have something important to say to me, comment, or email me or... TEXT me at +919980334408...

Birthday wishes to LAILA!!! Happy birthday Lai!
and esuk for K. Wina
the day after for Sabrina
and the day after that for NAZEEHAH!!!

1 comment:

War186 said...

Wow, ur in India! Hehe :D