Thursday, April 06, 2006

Got these pictures off Roz's and Laura's Bebo photo albums

All smiles on transport to The Black Lantern. 3rd last night in Uganda. Everybody HOLD TIGHT!!! Because when Dave drives the Bedford, it's like when Daddy cruises on the 'highway' di hutan.. and Bedford = more hard bumps!!!

This isn't exactly 'our' well, but ours looked like this too... Dig in.. from the top.. and they get people in there, digging out.. then, we get buckets of mud out.. etc etc for lots of days.. then its time for bricks IN the well.. so send the bricks down.. lay it down, and build it up... and then we put the 'techy' bit ins.. the pump, and tube... so the villagers can pump clean water!

And... we have to gather rocks, break it up into small stones, which then acts as the filter. We also have to entertain the kids, eat the lunch, and be pleasant... I was known to the locals as China Girl... Now that I think about it, all the other muzunggu girls had been 'proposed' with Heather getting the most dowry at THREE GOATS!!! I didn't have any proposal! Sheesh.. Must be because I'm a China girl and NOT a muzunggu ;p (Muzunggu = white person)

again, this wasn't from my trip.. But this is EXACTLY how it was when we went to one of the schools to have a friendly footie game... Everyone is ALWAYS staring at you.. And when we go past them they'll shout JAMBO to you!!! or MUZUNGGU... And, Emms and I had kids singing the 'goodbye' song to us after spending our afternoons at the local (ie 15mins away from our camp) school.

Last night at Bujagali Falls... Totally MUZUNGGU Area... This was after watching our white water rafting dvd! in PUBLIC! embarrassing I tell you! but wayyy kool!!! Katherine and I in the safety raft!!! Kool lah because we didn't have to do anything and we NEVER capsized!!! And swimming in the non-crocodile calm water was AMAZING!!!! =)

That was a view from our camp site! Pretty huh! And we sleep and wake up to the sound of River Nile... Ahh.. RELAXING lah I tell you! I can imagine myself retiring somewhere like this! To be in the nature!!!

Down the river, that was where we did our grade 3 or 4 or 5 kayakking! I capsized after the third huge wave! Ahh well.. had a gd time being sucked into the water, and trying to hold onto my paddle so i didnt have to swim far to get it...

I tried putting up yet more picture, but blogger refused to work with me!!! Ahh.. missing the time di Uganda... Although, as I've said before, everyone thought I wasn't enjoying myself at all!
Ahh the SUN there was AMAZING!!!

No comments: