Im at the point in medical school when my conversation with my peers is always "what do you want to be?" or "What do you see me as?"
It's amazing what answers my friends come up with (for themselves).. Paediatric Opthamologist, Paediatric Dermatologist, O&G, Oncologist, Cardiologist etc!!! Fancy smancy huh...
I have NO idea what I'd like to be... There are so many options and my thoughts of which doctor I'd like to be changes all the time. I thought I'd like to be a neurosurgeon.. Just because when people ask me what i do for a living, i can say "I'm a brain doctor" ;p or anything surgery related... I thought I'd like to be a surgeon because it would be "cut 'em up, fix 'em and abis..."
One surgery I'm also quite interested in is Plastic surgery but only cosmetic surgery... because that's where the $$$ is!!! LOL... And close family and friends will get discounts! So if I do end up being this, you WILL want to be friends with me! Muahaha...
Then I thought I'd like to be an army doctor.. because then it would mean I'll be a soldier! =) AND a doctor =)
Then there was the thought of being a dermatologist or a GP because NADA after-hours! =) Office-hours baby! Woohoo =)
And in third year, I learn about all these different specialties and I always go WOW... That's exciting.. The only things I didn't go ecstatic about were Paeds and Obs & Gynae!!! No surprises there... Hehehe...
So yes... I'm still undecided... I'd like to be anything and everything... But life isn't like that.. And I wouldn't be able to cope being SUPER DOCTOR ;p There are all these things to consider: working hours, what I'm interested in, family time, would it be boring to just see one type of disease all the time etc etc... Sigh... Won't think about it just yet...
Got this chart off Peah's blog, and it helped me 'decide'... I'm going to end up in emergency medicine and the next best options are dermatology then opthalmology.. hehehe... Exciting...

What do YOU see me as... As in which doctor do you see me end up being? (Refer to chart if u must ;p)
It's amazing what answers my friends come up with (for themselves).. Paediatric Opthamologist, Paediatric Dermatologist, O&G, Oncologist, Cardiologist etc!!! Fancy smancy huh...
I have NO idea what I'd like to be... There are so many options and my thoughts of which doctor I'd like to be changes all the time. I thought I'd like to be a neurosurgeon.. Just because when people ask me what i do for a living, i can say "I'm a brain doctor" ;p or anything surgery related... I thought I'd like to be a surgeon because it would be "cut 'em up, fix 'em and abis..."
One surgery I'm also quite interested in is Plastic surgery but only cosmetic surgery... because that's where the $$$ is!!! LOL... And close family and friends will get discounts! So if I do end up being this, you WILL want to be friends with me! Muahaha...
Then I thought I'd like to be an army doctor.. because then it would mean I'll be a soldier! =) AND a doctor =)
Then there was the thought of being a dermatologist or a GP because NADA after-hours! =) Office-hours baby! Woohoo =)
And in third year, I learn about all these different specialties and I always go WOW... That's exciting.. The only things I didn't go ecstatic about were Paeds and Obs & Gynae!!! No surprises there... Hehehe...
So yes... I'm still undecided... I'd like to be anything and everything... But life isn't like that.. And I wouldn't be able to cope being SUPER DOCTOR ;p There are all these things to consider: working hours, what I'm interested in, family time, would it be boring to just see one type of disease all the time etc etc... Sigh... Won't think about it just yet...
Got this chart off Peah's blog, and it helped me 'decide'... I'm going to end up in emergency medicine and the next best options are dermatology then opthalmology.. hehehe... Exciting...

What do YOU see me as... As in which doctor do you see me end up being? (Refer to chart if u must ;p)
1 comment:
WOWW hehehe i think the chart is REALLY COOL hehehe hyuk hyuk - kiki
Post a Comment