First day: helicopter ride to sukang. The biggest rural clinic that the flying team goes to. BEST lerr.. I enjoyed and LOVED my helicopter ride...
Sukang clinic.. It was AMAZING!!! Most of the population came to see the doctor because the doc only comes once a month. And, it wasn't the traditional Primary Care session.. It's a rushed, (Doc has to see 40 odd patients in 3 hours max), and very vague consultation! Locals were brilliantly friendly! It's amazing!
On the ride home.. kuat angin, and our helicopter actually went off track... And hujan lagi in air.. so I was SO excited! LOL... Felt like a kid.. But I don't care, I had a brilliant time! =)
Also, it was the first time I actually had to use my ear defense gadget... All these weekends with the otc.. I only carry it around in my webbing and have it within reach, along with everything else... ;p
First day pm: Sasat when I looked for the clinic. First time there, and the directionis given weren't exactly accurate! Sheesh!!! Started my clinic session.. I just sat in with the GP and watched and listened to her taking history and examining.
Second day:
Arrived at clinic awal, so was wasting time di nurses' station... They were all very polite and everything right.. senyum senyum apa... Then time to baca doa.. Naturally, the malay muslim in baju kurung that I am, I pun ikut menadah tangan and baca doa... I could sense that eyes were on me... questions and alarms ringing in their heads "kenapa anak cina ani baca doa?" LOL. Banar nyaangku... masa rehat pagi minum.. each of the nurses were saying "pikir ku cina kemarin" LOL... Life wouldn't be normal if no one said that to me...
Interestingly, my supervisor let me do my own consultation in own separate room and then present the case to her before she reviews the patient. The time I get allocated to me is too long, me thinks.. So after getting the brief history, and after being penyibuk... I find myself in an awkward silence.. What with my patient being anxious, me contemplating doing examination... And the both of us just sitting in silence and waiting for the assistant nurse to knock on my door to get us to see the GP... Hehehe... I'm glad to say this didnt happen too much yesterday... Alhamdulillah! =)
Also... Started playing softball sama ka meng and Balsy... Their team is cool.. the practice session is relaxed... So it's all good. The amt of running that they do is appalling... I thought I didn't like running, but, durang lagi teruk! First friendly match 19th Feb!!! Whee...
To any Bruneian Dundonians who are in Brunei... we'll have to start sorting out the time we want to jumpa on 19th.. Obviously I can't make it petang on that day as I have a tourney.. a friendly rather.. You lot are MORE than welcomed to watch me make a huge fool of myself... Tapi definitely we must try and jumpa each other ah!!!
For people in Brunei,
How to communicate with me: tagging me in my blog, emailing me at my hotmail, calling my house, or callind any of sisters... I still haven't bothered to get myself an easi or a prima (sedang thinking which one is a better option for me)... So at the time being, I can not be contacted directly... ;p
Bah, kalat mata ku sudah... Early mornings dont really go well with someone like me! LOL... Laters
2 comments:
Fets, sounds kewl giler.adventurous bnr the helicopter ride. Aku tawa reading ur 'anak cina' moment.
Softball huh? aku mau...hehe.
Well hav a great time in Brunei
hi fets... sorry never reply u on msn.. either im asleep or im really away. uni start udah... group project for the whole sem. kinda scary but siok jua. for now, its all about business which is really new for me. tadi we had a business game and my company went bankrupt! hehehehe... the 1st 2 weeks will be tiring cos almost full day everyday!! anyways... apatah brunei? udah makan liking? hehehehe! glad to know work is alright :) bah catch up with u soon!! miss ya!!
xxSyaz
Post a Comment