Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend

Last monday of the term!!! that's just great news to my ears, mind, body and soul! Whee!!! I managed to miss my pathology tutorial this morning (because I thought I didn't have anything till 10am!) so I spent an extra hour in bed! nyaman tidur!!! Didn't think I was that tired from the weekend, but I was DEAD!!!

Weekend - It was relatively easy and very nice, and I'm glad I went. Although I always say to the people there that I'm not liking it, but my after thoughts are always good. hehehe... =) It's amazing to realise that this time last year was my FIRST ever weekend with the OTC.. now THAT i TOTALLY hated!!! I was so tired from it all, got blisters in my feet, got shouted at because I had no idea what to do with my rifle and I didn't know anyone then! The only time I enjoyed it was Sunday - Sports Day! Oh yea, I also hated it because we had PT that Saturday morning.. that was HORRIBLE!!! I was practically dying!!! ;p

tapi this year was different. MTQ2 and 3's spent our Saturday together. In the morning it was ok, if not a bit slow. We were patrolling the area and the distance which would take 15mins max to walk to took us 45mins to patrol!!! And gilerr bosan!!! Hehehe.. but it was a good walk, the morning was nice, the sunrise was beautiful and yeah, got along fine.

Patang though was interesting and different. We had to pretend we were on a real proper OP exercise. It was all rather easy, as there were NO running required! (thank God!!) but it did involve walking around the field, jumping across rivers (I hate this most!!! because I have phobia of falling into ditches!!!) and looking out for ditches!!! My ankles almost gave in a couple of times, but thank God inda!!! And no blisters this weekend either! Yay!!!

When we were lying there on the ground, doing our all round look-out/defence thingey, to my right was a pile of cow shit and to my left was also another pile of cow shit. And this isn't like a feet away or whatever, the piles were literally just next to me. Yuck yuck yuck. I just had to pray I wasn't actually ON another pile, because I could feel sth licak-ish on my knee!!!

Our OP was to look at a road, and I had a taste of that. My section decided to be in an actual ditch and stand only on this piece of tanah which was slowly sinking into the water! It was tiring and boring (apatah lagi if we had to stay there for 3 consecutive days!!)! but it was all good in the end!! =) This is the first time that I got 'dirty' with the OTC and the first time that my greens actually deserve a wash! (compared to me thinking it's time for a wash ;p) Hehehe =)

Saturday night - our Christmas party thingey. Started off with the dinner. I had my lasagne. And that was sickeningly fat. I didn't finish it off! (yeah, me!!! I had difficulty finishing my dinner!) and the pudding.. some sort of fruity cake with white sauce. Didn't like it one bit! Ate some of it, but had to give it away!!! Kanyang plang, and true enough, on the way walking to the lecture room, I actually puked on the road! It was disgusting actually!

We had a lecture on Uganda! and it made me remember my own trip!!! The video clips and stuff! nyaman liat ah!! and made me miss the time whilst I was there... Aahhh... People from my trip seem to think I truly hated it, but I didn't. I just hated the trek, (that everyone SHOULD know I hate doing anywhere and anytime!) and the lack of things to do... but it was gd! i had a fun time! and I would do it again, if we were at a different part and NO trekking! =) Anyhow, party itself was good! A lot of pretty costumes! and odd costumes ;p (Pictures will be put up nanti ;p Insya Allah) and yeah, I left the party with my head spinning ;p Muahaha..

Sunday was a monging day really. Didn't do anything in the morning. I began to learn how to clean my rifle. Don't think Rozzie was impressed with my constant questioning. Muahaha... But in the afternoon, back in our unit, I managed to clean a couple of rifles without help. That I thought was impressive! considering just a couple of hours beforehand, I had NO idea whatsoever! hehehe =)

Balik rumah, mandi, makan and terus mati!!! and here I am, in uni, skipping yet another useless session in ITA and just waiting for Peer Tutoring at 4!!! bosan gilerr!

No comments: