Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Feelings and plans!

Yay.. FINALLY I feel the raya mood slowly creeping into my soul!!! I got my Eid presents from my homies ;p A nail buffer from Mima, red butterfly hair clips from Nids, a set of PINK bangles from Syma and an address book from Tina!!! They are all pretty! My nails are now SHINY!!! I have glitter (from the bangles!) all over my baju! My presents helped me decide to wear my oldest baju kurung here for raya, as it will go with my jewellery presents!!! Whee =)

We had pacar session in the prayer room today. I don't normally like pacars. But today decided to have a daisy chain done on my wrist. it's ultra faint, and it isn't showing well against my tanned skin ;p But other than that, it's all good! =) The iftar (sungkai) food came late.. and inda cukup. Mima and I finished ours in record time! And we were really tempted to start eating a second portion.. but we didn't! Aren't we nice thoughtful people?! Balik rumah tarus cari more food! Hehehe.

On raya day itself... I'm thinking of skipping uni kut.. unless of course I am being my 'geeky' self and actually go into uni for any tutorials that I might have... But other than that, sleep in.. Go to open houses held by the Malaysians! (surely one of them will have rendang at least! Amin Amin!)

Then raya weekend, I'm off to Glasgow. I have invited myself to this association called BruneiScotland. And they are having a raya celebration, so I'm coming! I'm hoping Raidah and Shauqi (people in Aberdeen) are wanting to come with me. Rizal thinks he might be able to get the day off (Amin!), NB doesn't want to come, the Perth boys are apparently coming AND.. I just spoke to Syazana today (A level kid studying in Perth!)... Told her about the raya thing! She and her gang might want to come along. I think it will be great if they did come! =)

Also told Syazana, if she wanted, she and her friends can come to Dundee first day raya and dangani me go gobble up the free food provided by the kind Malaysians having open houses! Whee... Yum yum yum! =) Kesian them! It's so odd to be sent to do A level somewhere ultra jauh from London! I thought dulu dulu they said they wanted us close to them (Brunei Students Unit) so they could take care of us! Syazana sounded so beri kesian! Surely they are homesick etc! Sigh.. Poor kids!

My first year in UK, raya wasn't too bad, as I celebrated it in Belgium with Bungs, Ka Nan n Ka Lin.. and I went to london every so often to meet KaJack.. If i felt bored one weekend, i'll just pop down for the day or sth... I missed A level years when I could just do that! Sigh!!! Then A2 year, I was trying to see if I could survive not going to London.. So I would 'kurung' myself in Bedford for a whole half a term (half terms was always spent in London!).. And I did survive... So, it wasn't that bad. I then knew, I could potentially survive going to a uni nowhere near London (which I did end up doing!) But sigh.. that's all in the past...

Today has also been an ultra good day because I found out that I have the whole of Friday, 25th November OFF!!! So, I have bought my tickets to go to Loughborough on Thursday! Main aim is to main netball on Saturday.. Dang Ganaz FIRST practice, and possibly the only one I'd go to (Don't think I'd be going to most of the practice- financial reasons!). also to main badminton with Mas and her juniors! Whee.. I'm extra excited!

Eventually got hold of Miss S Khan last night! So Miss Khan.. here's a shoutout to you! Do continue tagging and commenting! We missed you! =)

3 comments:

War186 said...

Waah so much raya spirit in u..I've never heard u like this, sounding all excited for raya hehe ;)

Amin ada rendang for u. :) if not pun have fun eating all the free food arah the open houses hee..;D

Kmslm mas when u see her in Loughborough and enjoy ur netball practice and badminton too. sounds exciting :D should be! Take care! =D heh iski much? ;P

Dee said...

Your tagboard doesn't like me. Sheena's one as well. Hmph.

If Raya is on Thursday, I'm gonna have a full day of lectures that I can't afford to miss. :( If it's on Wednesday, I have no lectures, so no idea what I'm gonna do... not really in the Raya mood.

Anyway, Selamat (Advanced, lol) Hari Raya. I am so sorry if I've ever hurt your feelings. I'd never purposely hurt you. You're the best roommate (then again, you're the only roommate I've ever had, hehe). Trying very hard not to sound corny, but failing. :S

Waiting for your e-mails. :P

Dee said...

Raya on Thursday. Boo.