Was asked by a junior tadi if I think I have found good friends in uni... I said yes to her without thinking... She said she has found good mates, but none who she can actually describe as good friends...
Made me rethink of my answer. The friends I have now, I don't think I'm going to stay in contact with them for the rest of my life... Well, I hope I do with some, at least (because it would be sad if I didn't even attempt to stay friends with at least one of them)... Tapi honestly, are my Uni friends, true friends or just mates...?
Answer is.. I have no idea!!! You can't really tell can you? Sure, they are your friends when you are in uni with them, living away from home together... But when we do get on with our lives... anywhere and everywhere we decide to live and stay and work... will we still remain friends? will there still be a common ground on which we could talk about, besides medicine (wow!!) ?
Primary school friends.. I am still proper friends with Zeehah... But then there are others who I still can have a conversation with... which is Alhamdulillah good =)
Secondary friends.. there is my rnB friends... and the others...
Bedford friends... There's Somaiya and Kamini, and there are others who I remain being polite to...
That's it.. I just become polite to them.. try and have a proper and civil conversation. (my personal favourite, "how are you?" and it continues from there).. And that's about it... Dudududud... Its pretty obvious that my brain has had time to do some thinking (even if it isn't properly thought out)....
Friends.. the family that you choose? hmm...
Its hard to maintain good friends.. and its hard to know what your friends are thinking sometimes... Its definitely saddening when suddenly your friend and yourself aren't talking to each other, and you have no idea why... The only excuse you could use is that you grew apart... I think its because little little things have proved to be too much, and you'd rather be away from it all.. Wish I was still in proper talking conditions with some close friends I once had!!! But now, just a memory... Sigh...
Made me rethink of my answer. The friends I have now, I don't think I'm going to stay in contact with them for the rest of my life... Well, I hope I do with some, at least (because it would be sad if I didn't even attempt to stay friends with at least one of them)... Tapi honestly, are my Uni friends, true friends or just mates...?
Answer is.. I have no idea!!! You can't really tell can you? Sure, they are your friends when you are in uni with them, living away from home together... But when we do get on with our lives... anywhere and everywhere we decide to live and stay and work... will we still remain friends? will there still be a common ground on which we could talk about, besides medicine (wow!!) ?
Primary school friends.. I am still proper friends with Zeehah... But then there are others who I still can have a conversation with... which is Alhamdulillah good =)
Secondary friends.. there is my rnB friends... and the others...
Bedford friends... There's Somaiya and Kamini, and there are others who I remain being polite to...
That's it.. I just become polite to them.. try and have a proper and civil conversation. (my personal favourite, "how are you?" and it continues from there).. And that's about it... Dudududud... Its pretty obvious that my brain has had time to do some thinking (even if it isn't properly thought out)....
Friends.. the family that you choose? hmm...
Its hard to maintain good friends.. and its hard to know what your friends are thinking sometimes... Its definitely saddening when suddenly your friend and yourself aren't talking to each other, and you have no idea why... The only excuse you could use is that you grew apart... I think its because little little things have proved to be too much, and you'd rather be away from it all.. Wish I was still in proper talking conditions with some close friends I once had!!! But now, just a memory... Sigh...
3 comments:
Glad to be a part of the family you choose ;D *hugz*!
i dunno why but i thought dis was an old post masa da pg load..as well as the next few ones.. sumhow mcm pernah iv seen olredi =0 even d date pun i thought salah..perasanku april udah!=0! bwoh duii...dis brain&behavior module is taking its toll on me hrhr... anyways, friends 4 life!=D *hugzzz* lap u!
There are somethings i feel more comfortable to tell a trusted friend rather than a family member! Why is that? I dont know really... I suppose with friends, you choose them... and they choose you.. there are that CLICK-CLICK factor... where as with family... we are just different people brought together because of our genetic make-up!!
I never thought i would stay in touch with some of my friends in UNI... but i am glad i am.. I love them to bits... and their news of 'home' makes me smile and happy... as well as updates on what they have been doing!!!
Friends for life is a rarity... i wish i can say i have one (maybe i do, but dont realise it now)... but it may also be possible, i HAD one/few but time change us all...
Post a Comment