Friday, August 06, 2010

Food and drinks =)

I feel like blogging, but the internet isn’t letting me ‘log masuk’ (log in) my blog! Such a disappointment!

There are other disappointments too. To list a few: the lack of organisation in the body that I am hoping to get a job in, the slowness of the internet, the Malay speaking websites – my homepage spoke to me in Malay. But, there are a lot of ups as well: no housework as the top example... Heaven!

Anyhow, it will be a week tomorrow. In a week, I have achieved nought. But, I have found my potentially favourite hangout place – CheezBox at The Mall. Went there a couple of times in the past, then again with Dhi in June when I thought I’d like it. Been there twice so far this time round – personal favourite is the Kolo Mee chicken with mushroom. I have now been offered the privelage card, YES!!! And I’m surely going to go more often. However, this card is a rip-off. It works as a point system. Each dollar spent is a point on the card. But it takes 100 points to equate to $5 (ie $20 spent to get you $1) off your bill/or to be cashed out.

It’s quite popular for its Ultimate Chocolate thing, which honestly, I’m not such a big fan of. Tried the latte today, it’s promising, at a competitive price =) Looked at the breakfast option – also great for my grandma, who seems to love breakfast out with a cup of cappuccino =) Only downside is that it has way to many steps for my poorly grandma :s

My father tried the Beef Daube today, which I must say was pretty good at $9.00; tender beef, with mashed potatoes and long beans. Unsure about the choice of vegetables, could have picked a nicer one, but alas, I think we have to make do with local availability =)

And the other great thing is that its menu is so varied that you have options from the medium to expensive price range, to tailor for almost everyone. The one good thing about the place, which isn’t so great for me, is that it is children friendly, to a point that it has a little mini playground. Oh well, at least the little kids in the family can enjoy their time if they come along.

If you fancy going to CheezBox, lemme know, so I can come too (hehehe) and we can enjoy it with my privelage card =))

No comments: