Sunday, March 21, 2010

Eat pray love

I know I want to write about something. Yet there is nothing I want to share on here for now.

Currently reading a book called Eat Pray Love. I think J told me to read it months ago. I picked it up in the stores because I hear Julia Roberts will be playing the main character in the movie. So I thought I best read it beforehand.

I half expected the book to be my usual chick read, no-brainer and a complete easy read... The book isn't exactly that. I wanted it to be funny. But her writing style isn't exactly funny. It truly is just someone ranting about her past year.

It is set about this writer who got a divorce and a break up with her beau and decided to go to Italy to learn the language for four months, to practice meditation in an ashram in India for four months and to find the right balance in Bali for four months.

Although my keenness to finish the book is no longer there, I find myself yearning to know how it all ends for her. And with all the meditation she did in India, and some more in Indonesia, made me think about my spiritual beliefs too... A topic not to be discussed on here...

Anyhoo, hope everyone is in great health.

F xx

1 comment:

AlaiMidget said...

Interesting take. Mostly cos I didnt think she was ranting in the book. as in it didnt occur to me that she was ranting. I liked the book, ok loved the book (aku baca banyak kali dah). LOL I think this illustrates how different we are and continually amaze me on our differences-but-yet-we-connect-ness! :)

lab you fets!

p/s. cant make it to london on the first 2 weekends of aapril but will be free 3rd and 4th wknd of april!