Match making has always been and will always be one of my favourite past times!!! I am no good at it currently, but I promise I will try my very best to improve myself at it!!!
To date, I had one which blossomed into teenage love, one almost horrendous outcome and one in the pipeline...
In this modern day, I think most of my match-making is done via text messages, MSN or facebook and the likes.. So, your first encounter is almost always not in person. But never the less, first impression counts for everything!!!
Your first text sent is as important as you not having that spot on your face, or socks with sandals!!! Thus, it is of utter importance for you to sound very interesting from the moment you press 'send'.
An example below is one I do NOT recommend you use.. Hi. My name is *insert name*, *insert friend's name who is the match-maker* 's friend. How are you?
This is a classic boring and utter stupifying introduction!!! You gotta give more than just that... So here, I ask you, what would yours read?
Mine would probably be "Hey. I'm FR. Friend told me about you and so I think we should give this a go!"
lol - nah.. I'd probably be even worse than the first example. In all honesty. It would probably just read "Hi" And to make matters worse, I'd probably go "ASL" MUAHAHAHA!!!
So go on, tell me what you would say in your first exchange..
4 comments:
"Hey guess what Ice Age is playing tonight at 11.30pm, wanna watch it with me 'cos I've an extra ticket."
I got rejected.
But then he texted me to postpone the date to another day 'cos he had to work the next day which was a Friday.
And about a month from now we'll be celebrating our 2nd anniversary. Lol. :P
So it's a pretty successful first text, no?
lol - good one... i'll keep that in mind ;p
Hahaha, ASL? Classic. Almost as bad as "Boleh berkenalan?". *cringe*
You know, if Jon and I ever break up (*knocks on wood*), I don't know how I'd get back into the whole dating scene.
I prefer going on a double date or just hanging out with a group of friends to be introduced to the guy though. Taking a step backwards and avoiding online match-making, hehe. Still wouldn't know what to say to break the ice though...
I have no suggestions. My first MSN conversation with Jon started with a "Hello there". Hehehe.
to give it a thought, i never texted people for a date. usually i will ask them straight to their face.. like.. wanna go for a drink? movie? call me if ure interested.
and so far its ok. :)
Post a Comment