Vague title isn't it...? I don't know about you.. but I tend to associate certain things with certain memories... White Mazda E2000 vans with school runs, sun with home, nasi ayam with thien thien etc... And of course there are other types of associations.. like, possibly if I were to hang out with lots of lesbos out there, I'd be likened to them.. and me thinking a guy friend could well be gay if his friends are... Harsh associations, yet associations they are... I am a homophobic!!
Anyhow... the most random-est association I have had in a longgg time was when it hailed in Dundee a few days ago and it reminded me of home... Brunei home!!! Random lah!!! First of all, I wasn't thinking of home at all I was just enjoying my own company in one of the cafes in town... A cup of earl grey tea and a strawberry tart does wonders to my mood... (ok.. maybe this KINDA made me think of Fleur de Lys in Kiarong, Brunei!)
Back to the plot... I walked across the road to the bus stop and it was hailing!!! I caught the hail on my palm... and they were tiny lil icicles!!! White. Round. Regular shaped. And lots of them!!! I looked at them and felt a smile creeping. I was happy. And I then thought of the ice-cream sold in Brunei yang 'snow something'. The vendor that I can think of is the one in Hua Ho Mall di bawah sekali... I've never had it... But I remember looking at it thinking I want one! From hail to Brunei... I've definitely got an odd sense of associating things together!!
And when I was at Glasgow Airport last night, I walked past this guy who had a strong perfume on and the person that came to mind was Daddy!!! That guy was using Daddy's perfume!!! I haven't spoken to Daddy in a long while now so I should start thinking of calling him!!!
Argh.. I think I'm going to be homesick-ish again.. Perhaps not a bad one.. just a feeling of longing to be with the people I love for just a day or two!!! (at least!) Or maybe this is just another post- great weekend depression again! One I tend to suffer from after meeting up with my girls - rnB UK!!!
That's right.. I met up with them girls (with the exception of Syaz and Shar)... There was the Brunei Leicester games (Well done Fiz and co. for organising it) and Dang Ganaz participated in it... We thought it'd be a good practice session in preparation for BruNotts Easter Games in March... Dang Ganaz this year has a new team member, and has kiki back again.. =) And the team hasn't played together since last BruNotts Games... Yet, we still managed to win!!! We got gold!! We won first place!!! Whee... Well done girls!! Well played!! and a well deserved win!!! =)
I was such a biatch on court this time round!! I'd like to think I'm not always one on court ;p I just can't tolerate it when people aren't playing the right way with lots of heavy contact and referees not picking it up!!! Shouted a couple of profane words to people who I thought deserved it most! Said sorry eventually... But, if I had it my way... I probably wouldn't have!! ;p And according to Jimah, it was pretty obvious I was so pissed off! lol. I was never one to conceal my emotions! Zam used to say I could never play poker as I can't lie!
I've lost the plot once again... So I'll stop and perhaps read a bit about the heart. I have decided to take the day off!! lol! I am not proud of myself!! *covers face in shame!* So yes, associations... Do you associate anything or anyone or any scent or anything for that matter with anything or anyone or any memories? Care to share? I'll be more than happy to know =)
Anyhow... the most random-est association I have had in a longgg time was when it hailed in Dundee a few days ago and it reminded me of home... Brunei home!!! Random lah!!! First of all, I wasn't thinking of home at all I was just enjoying my own company in one of the cafes in town... A cup of earl grey tea and a strawberry tart does wonders to my mood... (ok.. maybe this KINDA made me think of Fleur de Lys in Kiarong, Brunei!)
Back to the plot... I walked across the road to the bus stop and it was hailing!!! I caught the hail on my palm... and they were tiny lil icicles!!! White. Round. Regular shaped. And lots of them!!! I looked at them and felt a smile creeping. I was happy. And I then thought of the ice-cream sold in Brunei yang 'snow something'. The vendor that I can think of is the one in Hua Ho Mall di bawah sekali... I've never had it... But I remember looking at it thinking I want one! From hail to Brunei... I've definitely got an odd sense of associating things together!!
And when I was at Glasgow Airport last night, I walked past this guy who had a strong perfume on and the person that came to mind was Daddy!!! That guy was using Daddy's perfume!!! I haven't spoken to Daddy in a long while now so I should start thinking of calling him!!!
Argh.. I think I'm going to be homesick-ish again.. Perhaps not a bad one.. just a feeling of longing to be with the people I love for just a day or two!!! (at least!) Or maybe this is just another post- great weekend depression again! One I tend to suffer from after meeting up with my girls - rnB UK!!!
That's right.. I met up with them girls (with the exception of Syaz and Shar)... There was the Brunei Leicester games (Well done Fiz and co. for organising it) and Dang Ganaz participated in it... We thought it'd be a good practice session in preparation for BruNotts Easter Games in March... Dang Ganaz this year has a new team member, and has kiki back again.. =) And the team hasn't played together since last BruNotts Games... Yet, we still managed to win!!! We got gold!! We won first place!!! Whee... Well done girls!! Well played!! and a well deserved win!!! =)
I was such a biatch on court this time round!! I'd like to think I'm not always one on court ;p I just can't tolerate it when people aren't playing the right way with lots of heavy contact and referees not picking it up!!! Shouted a couple of profane words to people who I thought deserved it most! Said sorry eventually... But, if I had it my way... I probably wouldn't have!! ;p And according to Jimah, it was pretty obvious I was so pissed off! lol. I was never one to conceal my emotions! Zam used to say I could never play poker as I can't lie!
I've lost the plot once again... So I'll stop and perhaps read a bit about the heart. I have decided to take the day off!! lol! I am not proud of myself!! *covers face in shame!* So yes, associations... Do you associate anything or anyone or any scent or anything for that matter with anything or anyone or any memories? Care to share? I'll be more than happy to know =)

9 comments:
bwohh. i hope i didnt do anything bad to you! sorry if i did!huhu. kami punya GK pun ada mcm marah2, so maybe not just u fetts!
i pun associate smells to certain memories. if tercium bau this shower gel (i forgot the name) aku ingat camping - coz si brena tumpah all her shower gel in her bag and the smell lingered around the campsite throughout our stay!
and if musky smell. i.e. mcm bau rumah lama reminds me of our assembly hall in boarding school.
and yeah! some male perfume reminds me of my brothers or daddy!! heehee.
again. congratulations to u guys.
and again. well done fiz!!
i think we deserved to win anyway because I fell down and hurt my leg. and they should have given us the medals then and there so i'd stop crying but they didnt. hmpf. heheehe i love you fets :D
Congratulations guys! Must be great winning something. :) Good luck to Dang Ganaz for the Easter games.
Hmm associations? I'll have to think about that. I hate when it's the case of the ex. Heh.
Sapa Lagi...
Whenever i have Fish for a meal...i always think you!!! That's my association..
Fish is the nickname i give to this dear niece of mine. Its because its cute and cuteness ran in the family!!! har har har
Fish on my mind..and that means everyday...unless i just have veg that day!!
Hi Wan... As I said, you were alright... I didn't shout at you, so you were ok... ;p Plus, we weren't paired together last weekend... And shower gel smell around the campsite sounds good to me.. it could be worse! much worse ;p
Yas.. hope your knee gets better!!! =) and I love you too =)
Thanks War!!! We need luck!!! =) And go think about associations!!! =)
Hi Aunty!! I feel honoured to have you thinking about me on a regular basis. Also please, can you makankan ikan salai and ikan steam for me please!!! Yum!!!
Nasi Ayam - Thein Thein
Nasi Katok - Liyana
Soup kyem Chai - Mummy
apa lagi babes. :) heheheheheh
i associate songs lah mostly , like..
loving you - YOU! cos of easter 2nd year
mimpi yang sempurna - winter 1st year in my sis's car
if you're not the one - masa puasa during a-levels.. and main game harry potter
etc etc!!
that TV show rollie pollie ollie reminds me of revising for A level pagi pagi dapan TV meliat disney.
yea perfumes jua!! hehe!! oh and this certain smell reminds me of my first trip to UK.
Hi kaka.. Did you read Aunty Nor's email? Her associations are so cool and so true!!! =)
Wan.. "To the left to the left" = Milan? What was Prague's song then?
GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
Post a Comment