Hmm... How shall I start?
I was skimming through Mr BR's page.. and he mentioned something about the BB having a piece of writing about how it is now difficult for educated women to find life partners in Brunei. An interesting read... It is a must read for all the links he gave too... =)
His links are
1. Smart girls finish last
2. For love or money
3. When the magic fizzles out
Anyway.. let me write my take on this whole situation...
1. Everyone is choosy!!!
Which we are entitled to.. but perhaps that's the cause of the inability to find a life partner... I guess if I didn't mind going out with a form 3 graduate, 10 years my junior... then the problem wouldn't be there... But seriously, I don't think I'd be going for that... There's a 'standard' that I go for... (Which also probably explains the singledom status I've got)
2. One of the writers mentioned that men are easily intimidated by us girls
OMG!!! What the hell is this all about? Why be intimidated?! The exterior will be nothing like the interior that we are hiding!! Get to know us dufus!! There will be something better in us!!! Perhaps something you won't be too intimidated about?
Ani very memeningkan!!! WHY do you have to be intimidated?! If you've got balls (which I'm sure you are always proud of when you are in a group with your geng) then go up there and do something!!! No intimidation necessary!!!
3. Physical attractions
Come now, don't shy away. It is true that we are ALL superficial and shallow to a certain extent!!! But seriously, how important is all this physical attractions, except maybe the first stage of attraction = lust! ;p To hell with physical attractions, lets be gay and say "it's what's inside which matters"
4. Standards and criterias
Fiz has mentioned a book she has read which to her is a must read. (Fiz, will you please remind me what the title is)... Anyhow, from my understanding, the book is about this girl who documented her dates with people and how she came up with STRICT criterias of what she's looking for in a person...
Fiz has hence told me to think about this and write up a list of my own.. a Definite Must have, a Definite must not have etc... I've not bothered doing one.. Simply because, I haven't got time to think of things ;p
Perhaps I should share my criteria? Or will that be too telling? hehehe... Hmmph... We'll go for the one thing that (I think) I'm attracted to first ... It isn't the smile, or the butt or the eyes or the head (as I have thought!) to me, it's the HEIGHT!!! So yes... if you know single, straight, tall guys with a decent personality, direct them my way!! Please. Thank you =)
hahaha.. I'm sounding desperate and this is sounding like one of those self advertisements!!! This is also part embarrassing... But it doesn't matter... Time has changed... With all the ball-less guys out there, it's about bloody time we girls start making a move... ;p
5. Eliminating process
lol.. and I guess everyone has their eliminating process... I'm not gonna be attracted to all tall guys!!! Then I've got mental notes of what I like and do not like in a person, and I guess I'm always comparing any guy to my mental notes... eventually eliminating EVERY single possible guy off the list...
How do we get over this step? Entah... Be brave? Don't be too critical? I don't know... But as I've said... we have the right to be choosy.. It is indeed our life partner we're potentially looking for ;p
I was skimming through Mr BR's page.. and he mentioned something about the BB having a piece of writing about how it is now difficult for educated women to find life partners in Brunei. An interesting read... It is a must read for all the links he gave too... =)
His links are
1. Smart girls finish last
2. For love or money
3. When the magic fizzles out
Anyway.. let me write my take on this whole situation...
1. Everyone is choosy!!!
Which we are entitled to.. but perhaps that's the cause of the inability to find a life partner... I guess if I didn't mind going out with a form 3 graduate, 10 years my junior... then the problem wouldn't be there... But seriously, I don't think I'd be going for that... There's a 'standard' that I go for... (Which also probably explains the singledom status I've got)
2. One of the writers mentioned that men are easily intimidated by us girls
OMG!!! What the hell is this all about? Why be intimidated?! The exterior will be nothing like the interior that we are hiding!! Get to know us dufus!! There will be something better in us!!! Perhaps something you won't be too intimidated about?
Ani very memeningkan!!! WHY do you have to be intimidated?! If you've got balls (which I'm sure you are always proud of when you are in a group with your geng) then go up there and do something!!! No intimidation necessary!!!
3. Physical attractions
Come now, don't shy away. It is true that we are ALL superficial and shallow to a certain extent!!! But seriously, how important is all this physical attractions, except maybe the first stage of attraction = lust! ;p To hell with physical attractions, lets be gay and say "it's what's inside which matters"
4. Standards and criterias
Fiz has mentioned a book she has read which to her is a must read. (Fiz, will you please remind me what the title is)... Anyhow, from my understanding, the book is about this girl who documented her dates with people and how she came up with STRICT criterias of what she's looking for in a person...
Fiz has hence told me to think about this and write up a list of my own.. a Definite Must have, a Definite must not have etc... I've not bothered doing one.. Simply because, I haven't got time to think of things ;p
Perhaps I should share my criteria? Or will that be too telling? hehehe... Hmmph... We'll go for the one thing that (I think) I'm attracted to first ... It isn't the smile, or the butt or the eyes or the head (as I have thought!) to me, it's the HEIGHT!!! So yes... if you know single, straight, tall guys with a decent personality, direct them my way!! Please. Thank you =)
hahaha.. I'm sounding desperate and this is sounding like one of those self advertisements!!! This is also part embarrassing... But it doesn't matter... Time has changed... With all the ball-less guys out there, it's about bloody time we girls start making a move... ;p
5. Eliminating process
lol.. and I guess everyone has their eliminating process... I'm not gonna be attracted to all tall guys!!! Then I've got mental notes of what I like and do not like in a person, and I guess I'm always comparing any guy to my mental notes... eventually eliminating EVERY single possible guy off the list...
How do we get over this step? Entah... Be brave? Don't be too critical? I don't know... But as I've said... we have the right to be choosy.. It is indeed our life partner we're potentially looking for ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment