Until recently, I thought my childhood bestfriend(s) were my primary school friends... Bis si Nisah, Fadlina, Nazeehah (to whom I'm still good friends with!)... Bestfriends in those days were vicious!!! It was almost as if we were fighting for possession over our bestfriend... Nis and I were almost always arguing as to who 'owns' Fad! LOL! I honestly can't remember what is was about Fad that made us wanting her! Muahaha!!! She must have been special.
Nis and Fad are studying in the UK now... possibly graduating this year! (I don't know if it's a 3 year course or a 4 year course)... I don't see them often, or talk to them at all, but, I'd say hi to them if I see them, and I still recognise their parents! Who I reckon will have NO idea who I am... Hehehe =) And Naz, she's doing medicine in NZ... and her parents REMEMBER me... OFCOURSE!! hehehe =)
Anyway, the other day, I was out with my parents... Membeli bawang at the ever so famous bawang shop 'Di bawah jambatan near Hua Ho" ampir Gadong Properties... Tell me if you know which shop I mean... And, we terserempak-ed our OLD neighbours.. I'm talking really old neighbours, back in the 80s...
Of course I had NO idea who they were.. except, I've kinda heard about them (terserempak them a couple of times, with my parents' presence ofcourse)... And I found out they are parents of one of my friends from school. So this time when I met them, I asked them (to make sure) if they were really this friend's parents.. and of course it was a yes... and, they even know what I'm called at home!!!
When I ask my parents, they too remember this friend of mine when he was a kid!!!
Saw him online.. and he too remembers us spending time together, makan ice cream, main main and us always together! He even remembers me with my ponytails he said!! My sister says we were always playing together, God knows main apa... She said kami main pasir (playing sand ;p) etc! Sigh... the older generations of kids ey? We don't hear kids nowadays doing that.. or do we? They're mostly the TV generation! Channel 61 anyone?
And now, he says he has a picture of us together when we were younger!!! I'm wanting to see this picture, but he isn't letting me see it! Because apparently, it's of us taking a bath together!!! Now WHY would I be taking a bath at my neighbour's place?! Hmmph... Will update you when I've seen this picture!!! So yeah... my childhood bestfriend was a guy?! Muahaha!!!