Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Yet another day

Had yet another disturbing day in uni today!!! Watched an ultra long video in clinical skills. it started with a lady coming in with two gynaecological problems, history taking, cervial smearing her (YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!) and another video on colpuscopy (God knows how you spell this word!) on a patient!!! Disturbing I tell you!!! I don't think I want to be a gynaecologist!!!
You should have watched the faces of all the girls!!! Everyone was cringing as if in pain! heheh.. I certainly was pulling that face! and the guy next to me must have been smiling deep inside his heart! But I don't care.. I wouldn't want that to be done on me.. But having said that, to those of you who NEED a cervical smear, I highly recommend you having it done! better early than it being too late ;p
We had a chance to practice cervical smearing... I volunteered to go first, so all eyes in my group was on me! As I slided the gadget into the cervix I thought "Hmmph.. What a tight opening and hmmph It's harder to open up the gadget than I imagined. and hmmph.. this is a crap invention"
As soon as I thought that, these people around me said "Fetty, you've put it in the wrong way! You're not meant to put the handle in!" Lol.. that was embarrassing... Retracted the gadget, did it the right way, and when I was finally done... I managed to break the gadget.. separating them into the two different parts! LOL... *Malu*Blushing* Sigh... Will definitely not be a gynaecologist now! LOL
Back to happy thoughts... My weekend in Manchester was FANTASTIC!!! Thanks to Zimah (my host!) together with her partner Laila and Amal and Syaz!!! We were the forever hyper 5!!! hehehe =) It was great fun!!! It's definitely a GREAT way to spend my first proper time in Manchester!!! And, I foresee me going over sometime in the future!!! You better watch out! =)
Netball session with Ravens was great as well! =) My team I think is aight... Not bad at all for a second practice =) As always, there is room for improvement... and especially me!!! I need to learn and start practicing my turning midst running!!! I was never great at this particular drill.. And I'm CRAP at doing it in game situation! Boohoo...
I watched Jarhead!!! Jules told me about this movie ages ago!!! And, it's not a disappointment at all!!! It's freaking brilliant!!! I LOVED it!!! I was giggling all the time, laughing (on my own no doubt! No one else in the cinema seemed to be laughing with me ;p), holding my breath, tearful and giggling again.. Sigh.. it's BRILLIANT!!! I HIGHLY recommend you watching it. It made me (yes even me!) feel as if I wanted to be a soldier!!!
It isn't your normal war-ry movie. It's a totally different angle to wars. It's about a 20 year old boy who doesn't want to be in the army but got stuck into it. How its not all about the shooting and things when you are 'being sent to war'... For lack of imagination and words... I shall repeat myself again and say "It's freaking brilliant!!!"
Bus trip back to Dundee was kool. It was a sunny pretty day and it seemed a waste to just be sitting in a bus... Ah well... The scene (when I wasn't sleeping) was amazing!!! =) And, the Taiwanese who sat next to me was sweet.. he offered me his pringles! LOL.. Who does that?! No one shares food on a bus trip!!! hehehe.. Sigh...
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and I'm home!!!
Whee...
Looking forward to meeting the family, the friends, the food and starting 'work'!
I want to get a tan and look healthy!
I want to be eating and play netball!!! (Fiz and War, sort this out will ya..)
I want to be relaxing!!! A
hh... to be back home, with my family and sisters and PIPIP by my side!!!
I cannae wait!!!

1 comment:

War186 said...

It does sound like u can't wait to come back..even 'cannot' (cannae in ur case hehe) u cannot spell ;P

I think Rezam liked 'Jarhead' too but I bet he would've loved it if there was more of the real war essence in it. Who would've thought Jake Gyllenhaal could make a convincing soldier? Heh.

Organize a netball game? I'll pass. That is so last season. Haha. Nadadeh. But futsal's still on rite? Hehe ;P

Speaking of netball, who are in the new DangGanazz team? :)