Monday, October 17, 2005

My weekend

My weekend started on Friday about 3ish... Umaima and I left Blackness/Peddie St and headed up to Ninewells to pick up both Nida and Syma!!! After to JUST manage to squeeze into the 3 door Yaris (ie Echo equivalent in the UK) the four of us started our road trip to Glasgow!

As predicted, Syma tarus tidur as soon as we hit the motorway! And Nida and I were doing our best to keep the conversation flowing so that Maima (the driver) inda telintuk ;p First half of the journey I felt so ill! Rasa kan muntah and I was cold with a throbbing headache! It was SOO not nice!

Anyhow, 2 hours later, we reached Glasgow city to drop off Nida and Syma ( who were then picked up by Syma's siter) and Maima and I went back to her place... which was a 30 mins journey... As soon as we sampai-ed her house, Maima rushed to watch Home and Away! Lol... Fanatic banar! LOL... Makan sungkai... and the busy-ness started...

That night itself I got a lil tour of Maima's lil kampung.... I managed to go to two huge Asdas (we had a lot to buy for the party) and the train station as well as something else, i went elsewhere too...

Sahur was good... Home cooked food and not alone in my bed! I actually ate with a lot of ppl, and had a conversation over sahur and it was good to have all that! =) *ahhh*

Saturday itself was tiring too (although I had the most sleep in the house!) with a lot of mini chores to do... And come Sungkai time, masa di hall, I was impressed to be aware that I was helping the family serve the food... Then I stopped! Muahaha! LOL! Anyway, I got labelled as the Malaysian girl! I was wearing a baju kurung! Ahh well, at least inda Chinese... although truthfully, I don't know which I'd prefer! I'm kinda used to being associated to both... =(

Anyhow, it was agreed that I would sleepover at Syma's place on Sat night as Maima has too many guests staying over at her place... And, I was just making/giving her that extra precious space! =)

Syma and Nida wanted to go to this class, and that meant leaving the iftar (sungkai) party at 8! And... Naturally, I didn't want to be too difficult, so I went along to the class... Guess apa class nya! You all would be dead impressed that I went to this class! It was a Quran translation class!!!

It was actually quite good... because the lady who 'taught' us obviously knew what she was talking about, and i didn't feel as if she was telling me something that I didn't agree with (or rather it didnt seem as if she was teaching us things against the things I could vaguely remember being taught in ugama school)... so it was all cool! She probably thought I wasnt paying enough attention, as I chose not to have a quran in front of me... Instead just stared at her, coughing every now and then... and when 90 mins has passed... I start fiddling with my dead toenail! But, if EVER she accidentally reads this blog (something I VERY VERY MUCH DOUBT SO), I'd like her to know (Tanzeela namanya) that I was indeed paying attention, and I quite njoyed myself and it made better sense when 'taught' to me!

In fact, I think Ugama school should be more like this rather than learning about I don't know... I guess what I'm trying to say is, Ugama school atu terlalu banyak information... and the way the cikgus taught it seemed as if they only wanted us to pass... rather than wanting me to understand and appreciate it! i remembered in ugama darjah satu... I had my ujian lisan (my FIRST EVER!) and the cikgu called my name, so i had to go to the front of my class, and perform my mock sembahyang... and reading everything out loud... then come rokok time.. I had no idea what to say... At home i did 'pray'... i followed my mum.. and what i could make out of my mum's very soft chants is 'bismillah bismillah' but of course all us muslims should know that that wasnt what we say! I felt STOOPID in front of my teacher, and she made me feel as if im a useless muslim! (at that age, surely that wasn't such a great feeling to feel!) but, thank god she was good (it kinda helped that im half the teachers' pet) and she gave me a second chance... She quickly reviewed what I had to know... And that was when I actually understood apa rokok and what to say... and then it kinda made sense... they were the words i copied off the board into my notebook! If only she were to tell me that! I would have known... But, the rest of my class knew... So I guess, it was just me being ridiculously stoopid! Told you I'm not clever... but everyone thinks otherwise... Annoying! I think I'd know myself better, thank you very much!

Anyway, I got sidetracked... back to Syma's place... lawa her place.. completely different to Mima's but it really felt cosy (not that Mima's didnt)... When all of Syma's sisters got back.. completely bising rumah and it was good!!! Made me miss my sisters! Although we aren't THAT noisy at home... Still made me miss my sisters anyway... you included Ka Jack... but you should know that, u r one of my sisters... and Balsy, if u still wonder if i consider u s my sister, then u must be NUTS!!!

That night before tidur, Nida and I had the usual useless crap sleepover before bed conversations! I felt so much better 'pouring my heart' out to Nida... But, as good a friend she is (indeed u truly are Nida, and Mima, and Syma and Hansy) none can be as good as rnB (*Hugs*) and Som and Kam!!! Speaking of which, Kam (definitely inda check iskiness ni orang ani) I have yet to call you! and Som!!! (I don't even knw if she still checks iskiness), WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!! ALL your numbers aren't call-a-ble!

Then seharian Sunday inda buat anything productive di rumah Syma... there was nothing to do, and there wasn't enough time to go to town/city.. although, we could have made time! But, her nieces decided to come over and they sorta made my day... They aren't as cute as both Azra and Hannah (no one can be THAT cute ;p) but they'll do ;p KaJack, sikit lagi I got to war... but I had to keep on telling myself what KaMeela used to say to me everytime I 'hated' haziq "they are just kids" LOL... I distanced myself, and everything was fine again... A mature adult I am ey...

Sungkai... it was just us the girlies.. and one of the sister's laki... gila bising durang ani eh! macam 10 of ka winas, ka idots, mardis put together around this table which seats 8! Aiyayai! paning and sakit kepala tarus ah! LOL... But yea, they are nice people, and im glad I decided to go to Glasgee (;p) this weekend.

Roadtrip back to Scumdee (;p) was more 'chatty'... inda beranti beranti cakap semua orang ah... and I was enjoying my McDonald's apple pie 1/4 part of the journey! We made it back and its back to uni life again tomoro! Argh!!!

Also, I hope everyone yang sick get well soon! and hope it doesn't worsen anymore! Being ill/sick SUCKS!!! and if u cant handle it, jangan tah puasa! Daymn! It's me giving myself advice... Sedih jua idup ani eh ;p Tcare!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Fets, siok jua your weekend eh!! :) Why Glasgee & Scumdee? Issit like a scottish thing? Saya bengang!! Anyways... jadikah ke Prague? I wanna I wanna I wanna :D actually anywhere is fine just as long as holiday with u guys :D

love, syaz

War186 said...

Baik kan holiday together heh :P jealous haha :D

org Dundee ani, scottish th bnr heh..oh psl Dundee catu kmu sabut tah Glasgow Glasgee kah?? :S boh ikut bangang jua hehe

annoyed ku payah ku kan comment-my connection's been slow lately heh :/