Jules has left Dundee... to go back to London to ka jack, who has passed!!! Well done kak!!! and I have the entire day to myself before a long three weeks =) This time tomorrow i would insya Allah be at the airport checking in!!! WHEE!!! excited now... still nervous.. but excited jua =)
i am now in the uni IT suite and met Emma tadi... so we were sharing information
- what we were taking with us... Karang malam I shall decide what I want to wear to fly ani... I have decided to fly in my flipflops (as will Emma) tapi bawa saja our BCHs... 8 hour flight to Dubai.. then 8 hours in Dubai itself.. mau buat apa ni?!!! sigh... I know i'm gonna visit Mc Donalds to have Double cheeseburger!!! Other than that... antah... I've bought three more books to help entertain me... Hmmm... Then I think its another 8 hour flight to Entebbe
Anyway, was looking at my poll results... and I'm kinda surprised that there are only two people who think this place is boring... (Tapi bagus jua ah hanya dua orang.. that means I dont have stray people visiting this place...) And also, why bother coming here at all if u find it boring.. sigh.. nada keraja tah banar... To those who find it interesting, u either are related to me or know me well... Muahahaha ;p
Mas and Fiz are already back in Brunei!!! wowee!!! Cemburu!!! And Fiz, good luck with the whole family gathering things... And my congratulations to your bro and Ka Nori(ee)n (I don't know how to spell her name)
Ka Meng, when the gambar siap, you post here jua ah... =)
Oh yea, also, I have found a stripe polo shirt for myself!!! =) Whee... Whilst in Glasgow, I was in stripe heaven!!!
And this morning when I was in town, almost everywhere ada tia all the stripes.. when I was on a hunt, nada ia.. Annoying!!! ;p
i am now in the uni IT suite and met Emma tadi... so we were sharing information
- what we were taking with us... Karang malam I shall decide what I want to wear to fly ani... I have decided to fly in my flipflops (as will Emma) tapi bawa saja our BCHs... 8 hour flight to Dubai.. then 8 hours in Dubai itself.. mau buat apa ni?!!! sigh... I know i'm gonna visit Mc Donalds to have Double cheeseburger!!! Other than that... antah... I've bought three more books to help entertain me... Hmmm... Then I think its another 8 hour flight to Entebbe
Anyway, was looking at my poll results... and I'm kinda surprised that there are only two people who think this place is boring... (Tapi bagus jua ah hanya dua orang.. that means I dont have stray people visiting this place...) And also, why bother coming here at all if u find it boring.. sigh.. nada keraja tah banar... To those who find it interesting, u either are related to me or know me well... Muahahaha ;p
Mas and Fiz are already back in Brunei!!! wowee!!! Cemburu!!! And Fiz, good luck with the whole family gathering things... And my congratulations to your bro and Ka Nori(ee)n (I don't know how to spell her name)
Ka Meng, when the gambar siap, you post here jua ah... =)
Oh yea, also, I have found a stripe polo shirt for myself!!! =) Whee... Whilst in Glasgow, I was in stripe heaven!!!
And this morning when I was in town, almost everywhere ada tia all the stripes.. when I was on a hunt, nada ia.. Annoying!!! ;p
---------------------
Anyway, thought I'd paste some things about Uganda and where I'd be going =)
Entebbe... this is where I'd land in Uganda!!! =)
Entebbe is located on the shore of Lake Victoria near the capital city of Kampala and has a population of around 90 500 people. Entebbe means 'a seat' in the local Luganda language. It was probably named because it was the place where a local chief used to come to adjudicate legal cases. Entebbe International Airport, the main airport of Uganda, was built in 1947. Operation Entebbe, an Israeli operation to free the hostages of a hijack, took place at this airport in 1976. Although no ships land there now, there is still a jetty at Entebbe, which was used by Lake Victoria ferries.
Kampala, the capital centre, I'm not sure if I'd be going here kah inda
A modern, bustling capital, Kampala suffered a great deal during the years of civil strife. In the decade or so since President Museveni came to power, the city has gone from a looted shell to a thriving city befitting the capital of one of the most rapidly developing countries in Africa. The electricity works, clean water comes out of the taps, damaged buildings are now habitable, many new ones have gone up, and the shops and markets are once again well stocked. These days, Kampala even has casinos, nightclubs and fancy restaurants. And it's safe. Kampala is said to be built on seven hills, but the city centre is on just one of them, Nakasero. The top half of the hill is a garden city of wide, quiet avenues lined with large houses behind imposing fences. This is where you'll find the embassies, international aid organisations, upmarket hotels, government offices and the rich. The bottom half is a completely different world, composed of shops, small businesses, budget hotels, cheap restaurants, street markets, Hindu temples, and the bus station and taxi parks. The streets in this congested area overflow with people, battered old cars, lottery ticket sellers and pavement stalls offering everything from rubber stamps to radio repairs. If Kampala's streets don't put a spring in your step, there are a few standard attractions. The Uganda Museum's most interesting feature is its collection of traditional musical instruments, which you're allowed to play. The Kasubi Tombs are on Kasubi Hill, a royal palace enclosure first built in 1881. This is where you'll find the huge traditional reed and bark-cloth buildings of the kabakas (kings) of the Baganda people. The Uganda Wildlife Authority Office, a few kilometres north-east of the city centre, makes bookings to see the gorillas in outlying Bwindi National Park.
And Jinja, where the the charity we are volunteering for is based...
Jinja is a major commercial centre and the second largest city in Uganda. It is located 80km east of Kampala and sits on the banks of Lake Victoria at the source of the River Nile. While primarily an industrial town, Jinja is a good center for exploring this central part of Uganda. Surrounding Jinja is prime agricultural country with extensive plantations of sugar cane and tea.
River Nile
This is where I'd be staying.. on an island on river Nile in a tent/camp area =)
No comments:
Post a Comment