Sunday, April 24, 2005

- - -

I have eight days to my exams!!! Two 3 hour papers and a 2 hour oral(-ish) exams and I will be done with exams this year!!! PRAY i pass people!!!

So what have I been up to these past few days? Quite a lot!!!

I attempted to bake apple pie!!! (following Fiz's recipe). I ate Fiz's apple pie when I visited her in March!!! They were yummy-licious!!! Better than Mc Donald's apple pie.. and you know how good those are!!! So, terseliur-ing her apple pie, I asked for the recipe, which sounded simple... And, after gathering my courage (I say courage because it is known that I am not the best at baking at all! I can't do it to save my life! Last year, when attempting to bake a straightforward plain chocolate sponge cake, it turned out to be a tawar, chocolate flavoured huge chunk of biscuit!), I went sebelah, bought my green apples. And that was the beginning my baking drama!!! =)

Product: Wasn't how I wanted it to be... It definitely did NOT taste like Fiz's version!!! =( But it was ok.. Again my pastry bit wasn't crumbly. It was dry and hard, and reminded me once again of my big rock of chocolate biscuit. To make myself feel better, I am blaming the brand of my chosen flour. It's gluten free, so maybe that has an effect.. (Humour me and just agree with me this time LOL)

Zakiah and I watched WEDDING DATE today!!! It is a good watch!!! The audience in the cinema with us today weren't too laughy-laughy. The women next to me were.. Thank God! =) So that made the movie slightly more funnier.. Just hope the people surrounding both Zakiah and I weren't annoyed because we were talking/whispering to each other... I know I don't like it when other people do it.. Argh.. that makes me a hypocrite!!! Sorry other audience!!!

Anyway, the movie, even if its sort of predictable.. I still say its a watch... Its a proper chick flick. The lines are a little bit.. erm...? But ok =) The leading man's voice is WOW to die for (I don't knw the person's name). Debra Messing's clothes were all WOW!!! How does she afford it on her salary?! The step-dad is a very GOOD character!!! =) and the soundtrack is GOOD!!! Sigh...

Also, my life wouldn't be complete if I didn't watch TV... I've found this new programme... Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Basically, this team of designers and constructors etc etc... go to a picked house (they all have a very sad story... so basically kan make them feel better, improve life etc etc), have a look around... then TEAR DOWN the WHOLE house... RE-build it in a very fancy way... make it an ULTRA pretty house, perfect for each family member in SEVEN days!!! My favourite project so far was when they made a lil miniature golf course, built a swimming pool, and also built a very lawa outdoor projector tv with very pretty interior!!! Sigh.. All their projects look as if they are out of a catalogue!!! Saya mahu!!!

I have yet to see a Bruneian house which is very simple with no chaos! Bruniean houses (my parents' place included) are typically too messy... Berjurit with a lot of JUNK... Wish I can have a simple house... Tapi, I doubt that would happen.. because I'm not that type of person. My place would be like it has been hit by a tornado all the time!!! Man... why can't I be a neat freak? Even for one week... Sigh...

Dududud... Also, it is CHARMED weekend on LivingTV!!! I watched the FIRST episode of charmed for the first time tadi!!! And I don't know why I'm hooked up to charmed!!! It so WASN'T my type of drama! I do admit that sometimes it can be a bit ridiculous. But its TV and they are WITCHES... Crap happen... keh keh keh...

Off to watch CSI:NY... Something which I think has the potential to be better... Hope it's soon... I'm not gripped by the characters just yet... Maybe I'm done with CSI?

2 comments:

FR said...

Hehehehe babe babe... kalau pakai gluten free tepung... kalau u bake... mesti taruh the dalam oven atu... a tray of water so that it will mosturise ur tepung.. kalau u nda mao pakai water.... in the oven, u cn add butter dalam ur crumble atu.. hehehehe but nice try.... the end product of ur pie looks edible.. so kalau balik nanti buatkan me.. hehehehehehe

K. Meng

War186 said...

i think u, KakMeng shud make her not viceversa since u kno ur stuff haha ;D

nway, goodluck Fets on the upcoming xms. n i shall watch wedding date as soon as i get the chance..dvd or movies? hmm..

how do fiz n mas do it? do u have to be naturally-gifted? then i'm doomed. rezam will have to make the chicken for the family haha. ;P